#16 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

At the very minimum, I'd be demanding the builder bring in someone qualified to conduct concrete integrity tests or NDT (non-destructive testing) on the slab before anything was built on top of it.

#17 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,785 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

I walked on concrete today, it looks fine for except few little cracks which is expected. The biggest issue is an uneven slab pour... Right where my family room will be is an indentation about 2 feet by 7 feet which will be a problem because I have hardwood floors everywhere and it will create space between hardwood floor and slab which will cause my hardwood floor to squeak. So I'm going back to bitch at em tomorrow... They also agreed to give me an addition $7k off plus something extra, I believe blinds for the whole house. That's just for the pictures of the beer bottles on my property.

#18 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,334 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

I walked on concrete today, it looks fine for except few little cracks which is expected. The biggest issue is an uneven slab pour... Right where my family room will be is an indentation about 2 feet by 7 feet which will be a problem because I have hardwood floors everywhere and it will create space between hardwood floor and slab which will cause my hardwood floor to squeak. So I'm going back to bitch at em tomorrow... They also agreed to give me an addition $7k off plus something extra, I believe blinds for the whole house. That's just for the pictures of the beer bottles on my property.

It's not really "your" property....just saying. They didn't have to give you anything.

How long is the structural warranty?

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it. I am always amazed at the amount of construction engineers we have out there these days.

Not trying to piss you off or anything, but these guys know what they are doing, and if you really think they don't hire an engineer to check the process/slab.

If people could see behind the walls of normal homes like they can a new home, people would never buy a home...ever.

#19 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,785 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

That's my builder...

http://denver.cbsloc...ilding-defects/

Millions of complains and lawsuits nationwide... So yes, I will worry about it.

Structural warranty is 10 years and slab warranty is only a year. 90% of the time DR Horton refuses to honor their warranties.

I'm hiring an engineering company to examine a slab. I do not trust any builder.

#20 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,093 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

It's not really "your" property....just saying. They didn't have to give you anything.

How long is the structural warranty?

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it. I am always amazed at the amount of construction engineers we have out there these days.

Not trying to piss you off or anything, but these guys know what they are doing, and if you really think they don't hire an engineer to check the process/slab.

If people could see behind the walls of normal homes like they can a new home, people would never buy a home...ever.

Contractors have a habit of being less than diligent when left to their own devices. (and home building is like the wild west of contracting)

So sayeth the engineer

#21 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,334 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

Humans have a habit of being less than diligent when left to their own devices. (and home building is like the wild west of contracting)

So sayeth the engineer

Fixed it for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com