Photo
- - - - -

Gettis and Hogan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#31 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Now I may be misremembering. But I thought Hogan played last year because they were hopefull the pain was just a nagging thing. That he may have to play with it. Later they did go in and clean it up. But I thought that was a minor surgery, out patient kind of thing.

I am under the impression he is still recuperating from that scope.

He WAS considered a 2nd round talent with a bum knee. I can see them wanting to give him an opportunity. The question always is? How long does Rivera give him? A fourth round pick is not really much of an investment.

I think. As long as there are guys like Stanford and Thomas on the team, you might as well let Hogan recuperate.

from a simple 2 minute search trying a few different key words, there wasn't much to find.. All I did come across was an article about him and his coach, on his game against the Texans which says injuries had depleted Carolina's secondary forcing Rivera to activate Hogan for the game..

I read his knee was swelling again which caused him to be taken out of TC.

"I think I'm right about there. I still have some swelling, some pain sometimes," Hogan said. "But I just try to push through it and see how it feels afterward."

Rotoworld says he isn't expected to start on the PUP list but maybe more so because it'll cost him 6 games..

#32 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

from a simple 2 minute search trying a few different key words, there wasn't much to find.. All I did come across was an article about him and his coach, on his game against the Texans which says injuries had depleted Carolina's secondary forcing Rivera to activate Hogan for the game..

I read his knee was swelling again which caused him to be taken out of TC.

"I think I'm right about there. I still have some swelling, some pain sometimes," Hogan said. "But I just try to push through it and see how it feels afterward."

Rotoworld says he isn't expected to start on the PUP list but maybe more so because it'll cost him 6 games..

This is a strange situation. I know Rivera wants him on the field. Can't evaluate what you cannot see. So Rivera is getting a little antsy with Hogan. Hogan has skillz. The question is, will we ever see them.

#33 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

we'll see.. I like his talent, but I don't foresee a long career the way things are going..

#34 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

he's worth sticking on PUP. If he plays this year it's a bonus.

#35 broseidon

broseidon

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

I have high hopes for Hogan.

Lets hope he stays health this year

#36 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Yeah, there are plenty of folks with high hopes for Hogan. Especially with the way Norman seems to have adapted to pro life. It would be nice to have that third corner. Capt at slot, with Gamle, Norman, and Hogan on the outside is still the dream.

Almost hard to remember Hogan was supposed to have PR ability as well. My how time alters ones perceptions.

#37 panfan32

panfan32

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

The Panthers staff is doing to gettis what hey are doing with TD and JB. Resting him. His injury is not related to the knee. but they have stated they are not taking any chances and want him ready for the season.

#38 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

The Panthers staff is doing to gettis what hey are doing with TD and JB. Resting him. His injury is not related to the knee. but they have stated they are not taking any chances and want him ready for the season.

the hell with that..................

if he's not out there the fan base cannot determine whether or not he should be on this team

#39 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

We're looking fine without them

But damn my patience

#40 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

If Gettis isn't healed by now....he may not be able to overcome the injury

They said his knee is fine. He was working now to recover from hammy issues. By your logic, Besdon should be on question too.

#41 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

HUDDLER

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

the hell with that..................

if he's not out there the fan base cannot determine whether or not he should be on this team

LMAO!!

#42 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

About Hogan. He played the last three games and you barely noticed him. Isn't that what you want from a CB? He was coming off a knee injury and was probably limited. The Panthers were out of it--so why play him? Just a little experience and to see what he can do before the draft. I saw him throw a WR out of bounds, break up a pass, and give up a TD when he was draped all over the WR. But the rest of the time---silence. And don't forget--one of those games was the Drew Brees stats game.

If the Panthers did not like what they saw, would they not have drafted a CB earlier than the fifth round? We seem to have landed a gem, but the fact of the matter is we did not even go after a CB in the second or with either pick in the fourth. We had Butler, Munnerlyn and Gamble. If they had not liked Hogan, we would have gone for a free agent CB or drafted one.

#43 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

I did not see him but I was told Hogan played on a kickoff return against Miami so maybe is being brought along slowly

#44 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

HUDDLER

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

They said his knee is fine. He was working now to recover from hammy issues. By your logic, Besdon should be on question too.

He's not 100% either. He may not be all year due to the severity of his injury. Tough when you have a blown tire