Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official DNC thread

332 posts in this topic

Posted

Freedom to drive 120 miles an hour in a school zone. Freedom to have sex with my own damn daughter when I feel like it. Freedom to build explosive devices from fertilizer. Freedom to supplement my income with a basement meth lab. Freedom to shoot at the mailman if he comes too close to my house, Freedom to paint my low income apartment complex with cheaper lead paint. Freedom to let my rabid dog out unsupervised. Freedom to shoot my elected representative but only if they really deserve it.

Posted

Freedom to drive 120 miles an hour in a school zone. Freedom to have sex with my own damn daughter when I feel like it. Freedom to build explosive devices from fertilizer. Freedom to supplement my income with a basement meth lab. Freedom to shoot at the mailman if he comes too close to my house, Freedom to paint my low income apartment complex with cheaper lead paint. Freedom to let my rabid dog out unsupervised. Freedom to shoot my elected representative but only if they really deserve it.

well 15 new members with NSA IP addresses just registered

1 person likes this

Posted

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/steelworker-featured-at-dnc-didnt-work-for-bain/

DNC astro...unionastroturfing.

The Democratic National Convention on Wednesday featured three speakers billed as “former employees of companies controlled by Bain Capital.”

They each told compelling stories about jobs lost, allegedly because of the actions of Bain under Romney’s leadership.

But it turns out one of those employees never actually worked for a company controlled by Bain Capital.

But the Romney campaign has released its own version of what happened at GST Steel. The video features a former executive, Huselton, who says that Bain’s actions actually saved the company.

“There’s this vampire story that Bain comes in and shows it’s teeth and sucks the blood out of the operation,” says Huselton. “It’s really quite the opposite. We went out looking for a blood donor. Bain came in, and the way I look at it actually gave us a blood transfusion."

Posted

That's pretty funny.

Listen we have less freedom because we are more constricted then we've ever been. So yeah it is hard to say I'm not free here or I'm not free there. I can fart when I want, and I can say what I want on this board within reason. But I identify my freedom with the ability to grow personally and professionally.

I would like the freedom to go sell bottles of water at the beach, and even though I technically am free to do so. There are so many walls you have to climb (i.e zoning, renting space, city approval), and there so much cost involved with being able to do it that I'm kind of not free to do it. It's called monetary control. If you don't think this country hasn't evolved into a hi tech monetary slave system then you're wrong, and equate that with freedom.

Posted

This is called the price you pay for living in a civilized society. We have rules. I'll bet you can smoke where ever you like in Sudan but I'd argue that they are less free than you are.

Posted

That's pretty funny.

Listen we have less freedom because we are more constricted then we've ever been. So yeah it is hard to say I'm not free here or I'm not free there. I can fart when I want, and I can say what I want on this board within reason. But I identify my freedom with the ability to grow personally, professionally, and to be self reliant when it comes to my own income.

An example, I would like the freedom to go sell bottles of water at the beach, and even though I technically am free to do so. There are so many walls you have to climb (i.e zoning, renting space, city approval), and there so much cost involved with being able to do it that I'm kind of not free to do it. It's called monetary control. If you don't think this country hasn't evolved into a hi tech monetary slave system (except for those with a lot of disposable income) then you're wrong, and I equate that with freedom. Working hard, working smart, being efficient, and being loyal isn't enough anymore.

Posted

and I'd categorize a lot of those as privileges..not freedoms...no one fought so you could take a shampoo bottle on a plane or drink a beer on the beach...it was simply stupid people who had those nice privileges taken away from us...assholes

or maybe I'm wrong..I just don't consider those as actual freedoms...

Posted

I miss my friends not making complete fools out of themselves by trying to argue politics.

Posted

I think that making sure your plane does not blow up so you can continue to have the freedom to travel freely throughout the country is not a bad thing. There are technicalities in implementation we can happily argue about all day though.

Posted

I think that making sure your plane does not blow up so you can continue to have the freedom to travel freely throughout the country is not a bad thing. There are technicalities in implementation we can happily argue about all day though.

Planes do not blow up...buildings smack them out of the air.

Posted

Planes do not blow up...buildings smack them out of the air.

Short term memory bro?

Posted

Short term memory bro?

sorry..forgot /sarcasm tag