217 replies to this topic

#121 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

Before I came here a few days ago I thought it would be fun to come here and talk smack like I used to back in the day but between the overload of camwagon fans and the overwhelming belief that the 6-10 panthers suddenly have a top 3 defense, I must proceed with caution when I say...you're wrong.
For starters, vegas sealed the L for the panties by favoring the panties to win. I just put a fat stack on the Bucs and the winnings will be used on one of those hangover II nights.
Secondly, the panties are on the road. May not mean much in the big scheme of things with the lack of fan support and all but the stadium will still be more than 75% full soo...advantage Bucs.
As for the games play, I'm sorry to inform you that the Bucs D is back. Yea I said it and if you don't believe me, STFU and watch. Cam is Cam and he will avoid a number of sacks but I think we can all agree that a qb on the run is less effective than a qb standing in a sealed pocket. And that forces the panthers O right into the strength of our D, the secondary. Talib and Wright at cb and Ronde Barber and the Red Barron at safety. Not mention that we have been seeing alot of 6 DB sets this preseason from Schiano.
As for the panthers D...fug off it doesn't exist. Like your special teams unit, you're D looks every bit of 6-10 and no amount of vegas favoring or espn QB ranking will change that. Oh you think a rookie LB will change that? Sure why not. I think the Bucs will win the SB this year. See, I can use my faith too. Koochies good but so is Willis and how many rings does he have? ZING! The reality is, the Bucs and kittens are the up and coming teams in the NFC south and since the Bucs have won a SB, we are your big brothers.
No need to thank me for shedding the light of truth, I do it cause I've enjoyed some good times here before the influx of ex laker and packer fans.

lol. Douche.

#122 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,625 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

All you need to remember is that the Panthers have smacked that Buccaneer ass 5 out of the last 7 times we have played. And, only two of those were with Cam.

The beatdown and dominance continues Sunday.

don't forget that two of those losses were in '10 when we were pretty much everyone's punching bag.

#123 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:30 AM

Cam is Cam and he will avoid a number of sacks but I think we can all agree that a qb on the run is less effective than a qb standing in a sealed pocket.

You've never watched Cam Newton have you?

I'll take Cam getting blitzed/on the run over Cam in the pocket any day of the week. That's where he makes his money.

#124 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,752 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

don't forget that two of those losses were in '10 when we were pretty much everyone's punching bag.

Exactly. Outside of the Clausen fiasco, the Bucs have been our bitch for several years now.

They have never recovered from that beatdown we gave them on MNF in 2008.

#125 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,625 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

Exactly. Outside of the Clausen fiasco, the Bucs have been our bitch for several years now.

They have never recovered from that beatdown we gave them on MNF in 2008.

yep. the only hope they had was clausen being our QB.

#126 AqibTalib

AqibTalib

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

panthers offseason moves vs. bucs offseason moves basically comes down to strengthening strengths vs. trying to make weaknesses strong.

I forgot the 6-10 Panthers are on the level of the Patriots, Steelers, and Giants. They're so good with Cam Newton that they are now only drafting players that sit behind their "stars" and develop....

I forgot you guys have no holes and addressed the ones you have with mediocre players at best.........

My Bucs got the Best WR in FA, V.J. has done more in one year then Louis Murphy has done in almost half a decade......

We went out and signed one of the BEST and if the not the best guard in the league with, Carl Nicks.....

Eric Wright is a solid cornerback, and to be honest, none of the Panthers signings are even above Eric Wrights sgining....

Dallas Clark is probably on par with the Louis Murhpy signing, but oh wait, he has actually been productive in his career in the NFL....

You're best signing is Dwan Edwards and he is nothing special......

Now lets go to the draft, where you guys got punished too!

Luke Kuechly and Mark Barron are dead even(we don't even know that yet)

Doug Martin is the next Ray Rice and beat out a good productive back in (L.Blount)....Amini may be a sold pick, but not a sexy one..

I like the Josh Norman pick, but lets face it, the guy is nothing more than a project right now, Meanwhile we draft Lavonte David and he gets to start right away.........

Good job guys, you beat us soundly this offseason

#127 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationNever neverland

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

but but but and the injured players are back....

#128 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,790 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

I forgot the 6-10 Panthers are on the level of the Patriots, Steelers, and Giants. They're so good with Cam Newton that they are now only drafting players that sit behind their "stars" and develop....

who in the name of fug said that? i'm predicting a bucs win btw.

Luke Kuechly and Mark Barron are dead even(we don't even know that yet)

Doug Martin is the next Ray Rice and beat out a good productive back in (L.Blount)

let's just compare and contrast these two statements and think a little bit about the logic necessary to arrive at both of them.

#129 Mr. Burgundy

Mr. Burgundy

scotch, scotch, scotch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

Digibuc= dikinthebutt

If we win 6 games again this year, two will be from the bucs, again

#130 BigFan12

BigFan12

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

Digibuc= dikinthebutt

If we win 6 games again this year, two will be from the bucs, again

Last year Bucs beat Falcons and Saints** early on, but they had all but given up and had one foot out the door when they laid down for the Panther victories. Coach Schiano made examples early in camp with key releases to show he wouldn't allow the team to ever lay down like ra ra Morris did.

#131 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,653 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

1.)I'm still waiting to hear that explanation on how the Panthers FA/Draft are equal to that of the Bucs.....

Let's keep it relevant and moving, or I might have to post another picture of a lombardi trophy......

I'm trying to talk about the current state of the teams and trying to educate some of these "casual" fans about the game of football and their good ole' rival Bucs...

Now please refer back up to point #1.

1. why does it matter if the Panthers were less active in FA? Bottom line is a talent depleted team offensively in Tampa is trying to play catchup....little more. Tampa is still lacking. Drafts? No point calling a draft anything other than a push until players actually play.

Current state? You have one team who finished 2011 strong with momentum heading into this year vs one that curled up in the fetal position and was curb stomped. You have a GREAT up and coming offensive team vs a so so everything. Nothing to talk about current state is obvious.

#132 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,752 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

Last year Bucs beat Falcons and Saints*** early on, but they had all but given up and had one foot out the door when they laid down for the Panther victories. Coach Schiano made examples early in camp with key releases to show he wouldn't allow the team to ever lay down like ra ra Morris did.

Come on back Monday after another loss by the Bucs....I would be very interested in seeing your EXCUSE for them this time.

#133 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,653 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

Last year Bucs beat Falcons and Saints****** early on, but they had all but given up and had one foot out the door when they laid down for the Panther victories. Coach Schiano made examples early in camp with key releases to show he wouldn't allow the team to ever lay down like ra ra Morris did.

You played 2 dome teams early in Tampa....and won.

Teams don't quit after week 6 with a 4-2 record. Tampa just got punched in the mouth..... They may have quit very late in the year but they were just whipped the old fashion way much of last year.

#134 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

The ONLY trap here is between the Bucs' fans ( the very few they have) noses and chins. Too bad nothing resembling sense comes out of them.

#135 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,514 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

This is a trap game.
I'm surprised at the extreme level of confidence by the board TBH.

Our Defense is a sieve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com