Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Awesomeness!!

Ron Riveria can't coach..

183 posts in this topic

What was the "doh" moment today?

The 1st - 4th quarters.

1 person likes this

It's too early to say for sure, but he's had enough "doh!" moments to this point that to question him is reasonable.

My problem with this statement is this. Cam makes a mistake on the field, and it's because he's a "rookie" (last year) or because he a "sophomore" this year, and it's fine. Yet, Rivera makes a mistake, even though he also was a rookie last year and a sophomore this year, and his mistakes are all unforgivable?

After we beat the Saints* and Giants people will know we found our guy in Ron Rivera. I believe in the guy.

All joking aside, Rivera gets all this and next year to build his system, get his guys. If we're still a bad team year 4, we need to start looking again.

1 person likes this

Rivera's D adjusted and looked good. He is a defensive guy. he has bodies now. That first half he was at a huge disadvantage defensively. D only gave up a measly 16 points....and 13 for most of the game as it time and time again put the O in a position to go do something down by only 6....

But to be a good coach, Rivera needs to correct obvious in game flaws of people he gives a long leash to. Chud's leash is too long.

Chud is doing the same poo he started last year doing

3 people like this

What was the "doh" moment today?

The entire game.

Ask yourself, who has the more talented team on paper top to bottom?

No reason for us to come out so flat and look so unprepared.

Difference between Cam and Rivera: We've seen a million highs from Cam to know his potential. What have we seen from Rivera to know he can coach at as strong a level as Cam can play QB?

1 person likes this

Rivera is 6-11 as a coach, you are what you are.

Not enough sample size atm but it sure isn't off to a good start.

1 person likes this

Atrocious gameplan. And when the entire team looks that bad on both sides of the ball when they clearly have the potential to be much better, how can you NOT blame the coach?

Only thing I blame him for today is he should have did a Fox and told Chud to relax and call more run plays other then that. The defense kept us in the game which is his specialty and time mang wasn't a big problem.

I think that as I said in the thread I just made there was a time where we had momentum and could have slowly took over the game, but instead we rushed it

I thought it was obvious and I don't think Rivera made that a point

I am not impressed with Rivera. Our team shows a consistent lack of discipline and preparation.

1 person likes this

Beginning of the game was ugly. Coaching staff made adjustments. If not, this was on pace to be a blowout. Players came up short. Bucs were hungrier today. It's ok, they won't get the sweep. The Bucs always start the season fast. We tend to finish strong.