Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam still struggling with footwork

37 posts in this topic

Posted

http://blogs.thescore.com/nfl/2012/09/12/the-tape-never-lies-cam-newton-is-still-struggling-with-his-footwork/

Posted

sure is time to get set when you have no time

Posted

UNBIASED: Thats a good article and I'm confident that both the both the coaches and cam are discussing and correcting the exact same issues the writer informs us about. IMO he can only get better from this.

BIASED: fug this poo man it was everyone else's and their mothers fault this writer is just a cam hater like the rest of them he has no clue!!!

2 people like this

Posted

Can't really argue with that. We've all known for a long time that he had footwork issues and the likelihood that one season under his belt could completely fix the problem was low. He was under pressure all day - easy to slip back into bad habits when you're harried.

He's a talented young man with an extreme desire to be better. He'll be fine.

Posted

sure is time to get set when you have no time

It sure did look like he had time with that throw to Steve for that interception......

Posted

So this guy chose to use a play were Cam was extremely pressured to demonstrate his footwork.

Yep, I'm sure he watched the game.

Cam completed over 70% of his passes, his footwork is fine.

5 people like this

Posted

I was expecting him to be a bit more polished after a year of starts and a complete off season to work on things.

Wondering if we got Vic 2.0.

Let the hate start.

Posted

I was expecting him to be a bit more polished after a year of starts and a complete off season to work on things.

Let the hate start.

That seems like a smidge of an overreaction.

Posted

Let the hate start.

Meth or coke?

1 person likes this

Posted

I think he has pretty good footwork when the pocket collapses and he takes off for a 20 yard gain.

Posted

Let the hate start.

who the fug is "vic". if you mean michael vick, he was much more raw at this point in his career than newton is.

btw newton passed for as many touchdowns and more yards as a rookie than "vic" ever has in any season of his career.

Posted

Frankly who cares about his footwork. He still completed 70% of his passes for 303 yds with ABYSMAL offensive line play.