Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

didn't take any time to put the game on the tv

#32 millercb

millercb

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

East gate was bad as well, made it in as player introductions were occuring. They were doing "pat downs" and "wands" there because I got the pat down.

#33 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,376 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

Well I guess you have to decide what's more important... actually seeing the game you paid for, or tailgating...

I did both. Met a few huddlers, went to the team store, went back and ate, drank, socialized and played cornhole. 12 is the best time to go in I think. I was in there early, yes, but had plenty of time for concessions and bathroom before the game without missing a thing.

#34 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,328 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

I did both. Met a few huddlers, went to the team store, went back and ate, drank, socialized and played cornhole. 12 is the best time to go in I think. I was in there early, yes, but had plenty of time for concessions and bathroom before the game without missing a thing.

I think you can do that and make it work... going in at 12 might not be what some people prefer, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I like drinking a few beers as much as the next guy, but I'd prefer to be able to watch the game without having to ask what happened the next day... and without having to walk up and down the stairs from having to pee too much.

Next game I attend will be sans kids, so I will stop by the huddle tg and speak.

#35 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,741 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

maybe that explains the half empty stadium in the first quarter

#36 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,376 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

I think you can do that and make it work... going in at 12 might not be what some people prefer, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I like drinking a few beers as much as the next guy, but I'd prefer to be able to watch the game without having to ask what happened the next day... and without having to walk up and down the stairs from having to pee too much.

Next game I attend will be sans kids, so I will stop by the huddle tg and speak.

I had 7 or 8 beers I think. Two inside the stadium. My bladder did me right though. I hit the porta johns a couple times and the stadium bathroom pregame, half-time, and post game.

#37 liljah8303

liljah8303

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationThomasville

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

Well I guess you have to decide what's more important... actually seeing the game you paid for, or tailgating...

When youve got too much money and Dvr it doesn't matter.

Y'all are rookies at this stuff.....professional huddlers though! SMH

#38 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

Why the fug would you walk in an hour early?

to see player introductions, kickoff, and the entire game

i don't understand why people were caught off guard by this. the increased security measures were publicized. i went in around noon explicitly because i knew security was going to slow poo down and lo-and-behold, people who decided to wait until 15 til one missed half of the 1st quarter

#39 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

Did you see the Niners game last night? Blimp shots right before kickoff showed at least 500 people at two gates. Walk away from the tailgate and get there early. That's the only way. Panthers fans have never filled the stadium for player intros. It's sad.

#40 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

So I got in line at about 12:15 and was in my seat by about 12:45 in plenty of time to see the end of warm-ups. The only thing I can think of for why I go through quicker than others is I had to go through the baggage check line and not one of the regular lines. But, to meet it felt like a pretty normal wait time. I won't be risking it at all on Thursday, though...gonna get in line a good hour before kickoff.

#41 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

Were you at the stadium yesterday and see the lines? If not, then shut the fug up becuase you have no idea what you are talking about.

Lines at the North Gate were significantly worse than I have EVER seen them. It literally took over 50 minutes to get into the stadium.

We were in line by about 12:15 and headed straight to our seats.....and we missed the Saints TD and the pick 6.

Hear Yee !!! Hear Yee!!!

#42 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

I don't remember if it was the Seahawks or the NFL that warned me of the new security measures and to show up 1/2 hour early...I didn't miss a damn thing!

#43 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,328 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

When youve got too much money and Dvr it doesn't matter.

Y'all are rookies at this stuff.....professional huddlers though! SMH

Well I got to sit out of the rain, see the topcats, the natl anthem, player intros and the entire game... So as long as you got out of it what you wanted, cool. I know we did.

#44 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,955 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

I walked right in at noon. Under 5 minute wait. Get there earlier.

Sorry dude. But arriving for a game and sitting in your seat for an hour before kickoff us ridiculous. I have some tailgating to do before the game.

#45 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,955 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

So I got in line at about 12:15 and was in my seat by about 12:45 in plenty of time to see the end of warm-ups. The only thing I can think of for why I go through quicker than others is I had to go through the baggage check line and not one of the regular lines. But, to meet it felt like a pretty normal wait time. I won't be risking it at all on Thursday, though...gonna get in line a good hour before kickoff.

My biggest mistake was entering the North Gate. It is always the worst by far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com