Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What position do we take in the first round?

69 posts in this topic

Posted

for the sake of this thread, assume the bpa is the position you think we need the most..

so heading into game 3, it's hard to make a consensus from the posts above, but it seems

like WR is first,

dt is second,

and DB of some sort is 3rd.

let's see how we feel Friday morning.

Posted

Yeah I get that but like I said, we have much bigger issues. I am definitely more concerned with our secondary than our line. Ron Edwards is signed for another year or 2 and I'm sure Dwan isn't going anywhere. I'd rather sign another DT through FA than draft another bust in the draft. The only way we would get a good one is if we get a top 5-10 pick and take the best one or 2 available. Draft somebody that serves a real need in the first round. If there is a good DT in the second then take him. I get that the game is one in the trenches but our oline has bigger issues than the dline.

Posted

I don't see it being a DT. I'm not going to be gunning for one a third draft in a row. (Dareus, Cox,...)

DE yes...though I don't know much about the talent in that area coming out. Okafor?

TJ McDonald at FS...yes, Justin Hunter at WR sure. We've got a ways to go though

I have heard this a deep draft for D line talent so I'm banking on getting a playmaker there. I would LOVE to get a blue chip safety, I just don't see us picking high enough to. I think OT and DT are both weak, and old.. A left tackle wouldn't surprise me at all

Posted

Yeah I get that but like I said, we have much bigger issues. I am definitely more concerned with our secondary than our line. Ron Edwards is signed for another year or 2 and I'm sure Dwan isn't going anywhere. I'd rather sign another DT through FA than draft another bust in the draft. The only way we would get a good one is if we get a top 5-10 pick and take the best one or 2 available. Draft somebody that serves a real need in the first round. If there is a good DT in the second then take him. I get that the game is one in the trenches but our oline has bigger issues than the dline.

I like your thinking there. I just don't think we are going to sign any good fa's. Haven't in a lonnng time and we sure as hell can't afford it.

Posted

OL

secondary

pass rush

Posted

I'm going to say Safety or Tackle at this point.

Posted

Don't know why everyone keeps saying DE... CJ, Hardy, FA, Keiser, and Applewhite are going a hell of a job by committee.

And I feel like O-line is more of an important issue than DT, but DT quality really falls after the first round vs O-line quality (look to 2011's draft for proof).

I think it goes DT, Oline, S, CB, CB, TE

Posted

I think we are definitely going safety, or Oline..

Posted

We should make a run at signing Dashon Goldson from San Fran (which is totally just wishful thinking) to solve our safety problem since Godfrey can't cover and Nakamura gets run over by every RB he encounters.

Then, probably draft the best player at any other defensive position besides linebacker since they all could use an upgrade. Yes, even DT, and probably/especially corner and pass rusher.

Posted

inbeforeqbaftertonight'sdisgraceofahomeprimetimegame

Posted

A big reason for the loss to the Bucs and now Giants is because we loss the battle at the line of scrimmage. I say we go BPA at O-line or D-line but you can never really tell how the draft will unfold though.

Posted

well that's the point of this thread, to see how our opinions change during the season.

I couldn't watch the game last night, but after reading the reports, I'd say in the first

round we need to draft a new coach.

and since we can't, the one position I'll choose for our first round pick is DE. Johnson is

not worth his contract, but if we had another stud DE on the other end creating pressure,

it would help this team the most. plus we'd have a little depth at that position.

Remember, assume the bpa is the position you want to fill in the first round....let's hear it..