34 replies to this topic

#1 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:42 AM

Am I seeing this right, that the consensus is us getting +1.5 at BOA for Thursday night?

Any handicappers in here other than me (I am not great with spreads when my heart is involved)

Anyone who bets.... whats your thoughts on this spread? Since I feel like we will win and a lot of people will bet on NY..... feel like it's a decent play even if it jumps to 2 or 2.5

#2 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,447 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:42 AM

I never bet on my team. EVER.

#3 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

I think the public will definitely bet heavily on the Giants (guessing 80% or more) eventhough this is a home game for the Panthers...which is a good sign for the Panthers. Giants have a few key injuries that have taken this line down a point or so from what it was originally going to be. With that being said, I wouldn't touch this game with someone else's money so I sure wouldn't with my own. Tough game to call.

#4 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

I never bet on my team. EVER.

betting against them is never a bad thing.... dare the football gods to curse you and if you lose $ your team wins which is sweeter

#5 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

Putting them in a two-team, 6 point teaser isn't a bad idea, as that would get the spread to +7.5 and allow you to cross the key points of 3 and 7. Maybe with the Seahawks, who are currently +3.5 at home to GB (Seattle is freakishly good as home dogs ATS, and upping the spread to +9.5 is pretty enticing).

But like I said in the other thread, I bet on the Panthers -2.5 vs the Bucs and the Pantherslost, then didn't bet either way on the Saints game and we won, so I'm not betting on Panthers games anymore this season lol.

#6 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

I think the public will definitely bet heavily on the Giants (guessing 80% or more)

It wouldn't be a very good line if 80% of people bet on one team. And you are betting against the line not on one team to win per se.

#7 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,199 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

Putting them in a two-team, 6 point teaser isn't a bad idea, as that would get the spread to +7.5 and allow you to cross the key points of 3 and 7. Maybe with the Seahawks, who are currently +3.5 at home to GB (Seattle is freakishly good as home dogs ATS, and upping the spread to +9.5 is pretty enticing).

But like I said in the other thread, I bet on the Panthers -2.5 vs the Bucs and the Pantherslost, then didn't bet either way on the Saints game and we won, so I'm not betting on Panthers games anymore this season lol.

Thank you sir for our Lombardi!

#8 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

It wouldn't be a very good line if 80% of people bet on one team. And you are betting against the line not on one team to win per se.

I disagree.... .

Lines aren't always meant to be near the 50% mark. For example, 78% of the public had the Giants giving 8.5 to the Bucs, 88% had the Pats giving 13.5 to the Cardinals, and 83% took the Saints giving -2.5 to the Panthers. Vegas made huge money on those three games alone and they enticed people to bet a certain way. The same thing is happening with this line IMO.

Right now the betting volume for the Giants -1.5 againts the Panthers is around the 75% in favor of people taking the Giants and giving the points. 3 out of every 4 bets is for the Giants. That is a good sign that Vegas wants people to bet the Giants because they won't cover that spread and most likely won't win.

#9 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,548 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

Only thing I'll bet on with the Panthers is

A) Over/Unders (I took the 51.5 last week and never looked back)
B) Against them when they suck a lot worse than people think, which has been often in the past few years.

#10 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

Only thing I'll bet on with the Panthers is

A) Over/Unders (I took the 51.5 last week and never looked back)
B) Against them when they suck a lot worse than people think, which has been often in the past few years.

I left money in my "account" that I won on the Superbowl and did something I never ever do but I couldn't pass up. Tried to double it by putting it all on the Eagles in week one -9.5 against the Browns. I never, ever bet on my team unless it is an over/under and that one bit me just like I knew it would before I ever placed it. Lost it all and then some. So stupid.

#11 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

Only game i ever wanted to bet on was raiders vs texans last year andhad no idea how to actually do it. There was no way the NFL was gonna let them lose the week Al Davis died.

#12 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

Only game i ever wanted to bet on was raiders vs texans last year andhad no idea how to actually do it. There was no way the NFL was gonna let them lose the week Al Davis died.

You honestly think the NFL actively participates in the criminal activty of fixing games for a dead person who they didn't even like when he was alive?

#13 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

You honestly think the NFL actively participates in the criminal activty of fixing games for a dead person who they didn't even like when he was alive?

I know the NFL didn't fix it....

but the football Gods I believe in. And I had the same feeling that week that he died, same with Ravens and Modell.

#14 carp24000

carp24000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

New York Giants@Giants
RB Bradshaw, RT Diehl, WR Hixon, WR Nicks did not practice today. CB Amukamara, CB Coe, DE Ojomo and LB Rivers were limited

Wow!

#15 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

New York Giants@Giants
RB Bradshaw, RT Diehl, WR Hixon, WR Nicks did not practice today. CB Amukamara, CB Coe, DE Ojomo and LB Rivers were limited

Wow!

Nicks will play, I have no doubt on that. No way he misses a primetime game in his home town. If Amukamara and Coe are out though, that would be huge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com