• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 GhostofMosul

GhostofMosul

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

I kept quiet the first two weeks. I wanted to asses the team. I wanted to make sure that the Saints game wasn't a fluke.

Well, after 2.75 games (I quit watching after Cam's second pick) I can't help but shake my head at the coaching.

Inept. Flaccid. Soft. Embarrassing.

NOT what you want to see the national stage.

You cannot tell me the absence of Jon Stewart made that big of a difference in our offense. Creativity and the ability to adjust during games, not overpaid talent makes or breaks games. We have the talent, not the creativity. Look at the Giants - no names at WR and RB, yet they had breakout games. Why? Coaching.

I can't help but wonder why we call at 7 step drop back for Cam when we know they are bum rushing our Oline. Where are the screens and 3 step drop passes? Stop running gimmicks.

Defense? Do we have one? I went back and rewatched the Saints game. Blown assignments by the Saints and few dropped balls. Reverse that and they probably would have won. It wasn't a stellar Defensive performance by any stretch. Fast Forward to the Giants game and you have DBs too soft in coverage. No stunts or workable blitz schemes. I could go on and on.

I know we are capable of more because of what we did last year. I have seen it. Is it too much to ask to have the team prepared with a solid gameplan? I have no doubt things will straighten out, but right now, it's just atrocious.

#2 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,510 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

I dnt know why no one will ever blame that dumb stoic Rivera for any loss?

#3 Jim Harbaugh

Jim Harbaugh

__Ready To Win__

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

Should have spent the money, should have hired me.

#4 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,172 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

Should have spent the money, should have hired me.

Who are you again? I have never heard of you. (says the owner of one of the worst NFL teams)

#5 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

Coaching has been terrible all around, all year. Against New Orleans, we were lucky to find an even more unprepared team in complete turmoil dealing with suspensions.

WOW! As much as it pains me to admit this, I wish we never got rid of John Fox!! Would Cam Newton be here? I doubt Fox would have drafted him like Rivera did, but that aside, I never remember us ever being this unprepared for any game under Fox. Did we loose with Fox? Absolutely! BUT Fox had us come out prepared to play.

Both this game against the Giants and the first game against the Bucs, Carolina just came out unprepared from top to bottom. We looked like deer in the headlights!!! Like I said, we escaped with the Saints.

Rivera certainly has a weakness there that needs major work!!!

#6 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,339 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

Ill coach the secondary for 40k a year..I can assure you it wont be any better.. but nobody will throw over the middle of the field because my orders will be to go full on sean taylor whether the ball is thrown to them or not .. they will be instructed to to inform each and every receiver that they will castrate them with a toothbrush if they even enter their area of space. I wont pay them extra for it either.. no bounty here bitches xD

#7 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

Don't let dumbass Hurney and his stupid drafting skills off the list.

#8 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,588 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Hell Im blaming Rivera STARTING NOW. No more passes, he hasnt backed up his talk at all.

#9 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

Coaching has been terrible all around, all year. Against New Orleans, we were lucky to find an even more unprepared team in complete turmoil dealing with suspensions.

WOW! As much as it pains me to admit this, I wish we never got rid of John Fox!! Would Cam Newton be here? I doubt Fox would have drafted him like Rivera did, but that aside, I never remember us ever being this unprepared for any game under Fox. Did we loose with Fox? Absolutely! BUT Fox had us come out prepared to play.

Both this game against the Giants and the first game against the Bucs, Carolina just came out unprepared from top to bottom. We looked like deer in the headlights!!! Like I said, we escaped with the Saints.

Rivera certainly has a weakness there that needs major work!!!

Fox has been just as bad during his last season here..

#10 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,606 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

Jesus, I could go to another team's board and they'd be nicer about the Panthers than some of the people here.

#11 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,139 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

it wasn't chud

it was the d

#12 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,598 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

Well, after 2.75 games (I quit watching after Cam's second pick) I can't help but shake my head at the coaching.

As far as I'm concerned...if you quit watching, your opinion isn't worth crap. This fan base doesn't need anymore quitters on it.

#13 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:36 AM

Your right. I forgot about the playoff game against the Cardinals. Should have know better because I was there, sitting in the rain, watching that disaster unfold.

#14 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,217 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

fox was not in control of his last season.

hurney and jr were.

#15 GhostofMosul

GhostofMosul

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

As far as I'm concerned...if you quit watching, your opinion isn't worth crap. This fan base doesn't need anymore quitters on it.

Your opinion is duly noted and subsequently ignored. What this forum needs is honest and frank discussion, not name calling and senseless bashing.

It's painful for any fan to watch their team crash and burn on the national stage. Cut me some slack bro. I am stationed in Germany and the game was on at 330am. If I was a quitter, I wouldn't have got up at 2am to watch. Not going to waste precious sleep while we are getting blown out in the fourth quarter.

Please try and contribute more than just name calling in your next post. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.