Photo
- - - - -

Why is Jordan Gross our highest paid player?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#31 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

I think I remember reading Gross is Jewish and, on average, Jews are the wealthiest people in the USA followed by Asians.

Jordan Gross is Mormon. Geoff Schwartz is Jewish.

#32 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

Jordan Gross is Mormon. Geoff Schwartz is Jewish.

You're right, I was thinking of Schwartz.

#33 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

To the dudes throwing the race card about me asking why our LT is overpaid. If it makes you feel better, my white co-workers who are Steelers and Giants fans think he's overpaid too.

Its just odd that a player on our team who's making the most money isnt being held accountable for his piss poor play and its effect on us losing. If Gross is the "leader" of the OL, when do we ask him to step up?

#34 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,514 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

I don't think I've ever witnessed someone use the "I have white friends" excuse.

#35 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

I dont think Ive ever witnessed a fan of an opposing team rave about how great our LT is and how cheap we got him for.

#36 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

i'm inclined to agree that our entire o-line has not been held accountable as they should have been in our two losses. gross figures to be at the top of the accountability list in that department. with that same logic i'd think CJ would be in the same boat. as much as people hate to hear it, fox had our trenches ready to go.

#37 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,514 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

^^Its not that I don't agree. The timing and wording in this thread is, um, interesting. Especially with your posting history.

The game was yesterday and I'm wondering why this stood out to you as one of the biggest issues from it and worthy of a thread.

#38 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

Well, one thing is for sure.

Gross sure as hell didn't earn his money last night.

But, no one on that team did. Complete failure from everyone on the team and the coaches last night.

BUT, We Have 97 Consecutive Sellouts!!!

That's what really important!

#39 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

i'm inclined to agree that our entire o-line has not been held accountable as they should have been in our two losses. gross figures to be at the top of the accountability list in that department. with that same logic i'd think CJ would be in the same boat. as much as people hate to hear it, fox had our trenches ready to go.

Jordan Gross is our "leader", but fans like James dont expect him to lead, just show up. And imply you're a racist if you question his salary. Trust, if we throw big money at Cam he will be expected to live up to it. I just dont agree with a washed up LT being our highest paid player. We have other guys on our squad who perform better and have done more.

#40 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

I dont think Ive ever witnessed a fan of an opposing team rave about how great our LT is and how cheap we got him for.

We overpaid him, we paid him as an elite LT and his natural position IMO is on the Right side.

Do you think that Williams is overpaid?

How about Johnson?

How about Stew?

How about Anderson?

How about Beason?

#41 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

Jordan Gross is our "leader", but fans like James dont expect him to lead, just show up. And imply you're a racist if you question his salary. Trust, if we throw big money at Cam he will be expected to live up to it. I just dont agree with a washed up LT being our highest paid player. We have other guys on our squad who perform better and have done more.

Have you not paid attention to what Hurney does?

He overpays "his" guys.

I don't like it at all, but overpaying Gross is much better for the team than what we did for Davis, Williams, Anderson, and Johnson.

#42 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

Yes I do think those guys are overpaid and if they were THE highest paid on our team I'd have a problem with it too.

#43 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,514 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

We overpaid him, we paid him as an elite LT and his natural position IMO is on the Right side.

Do you think that Williams is overpaid?

How about Johnson?

How about Stew?

How about Anderson?

How about Beason?

all of this

#44 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

Just wait a year and we will have another mediocre player as our highest paid player. That should make you feel better.

#45 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,514 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

Yes I do think those guys are overpaid and if they were THE highest paid on our team I'd have a problem with it too.

That would be Charles Johnson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.