• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

I think I'd rather deal with occasional flashes of brilliance than just a body that plays 30 yards off the line of scrimmage and still gives up 20+ yard gains and gets truck-sticked all night.

#2 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

Martin has potential and 0 talent

Nakamura has 0 potential and 0 talent

#3 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

The Charlotte sports world is crumbling today...

I know it's true when we have no choice but to suggest that Sherrod needs to start...

Lol...Jesus....#zombieworldend

#4 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:29 AM

The Charlotte sports world is crumbling today...

I know it's true when we have no choice but to suggest that Sherrod needs to start...

Lol...Jesus....#zombieworldend

its true tho

nakamura just wastes space on the field

#5 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

its true tho

nakamura just wastes space on the field

Safeties played 30 yds deep. Eli was just dumping the ball into all that open space for easy completions

#6 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,897 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

Agreed, Nakamura looked lost last night.

Sherrod might not be able to tackle, but at least he finds ballcarrier.

#7 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

I am with you on this one. I thought Nakamura was put in the starting role because he was such a sure tackler of sorts. He also was supposed to cut down on the confusion in the defensive backfield with his calls and such. He has been terrible. Its like Ace Ventura II, cause when the ball carrier gets to Nakamura he like this is it. I have to beat him.

#8 Pantherxtreme

Pantherxtreme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

he plays 30 yards back because he doesn't have the speed to recover, when the defense is on the field we're basically playing 11 on 10.

#9 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,891 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

Martin has tons of talent.....FS shouldn't need to be a great tackler. Overall he is the best coverage S on the field. That isn't a statement claiming his coverage is great.....just better than the other bad

#10 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

Wow, if I were to get in a time machine, go back 8 months and say that there would be threads calling for Sherrod Martin to start, none of y'all would believe me.

I think Sherrod does need to see the field more to help cover good receivers, like Cruz last week, Jones next week or Ramses mothafukking Barden. We should still use Haruki in some packages though, namely for run stuffing.

#11 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,480 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

Martin has potential and 0 talent

Nakamura has 0 potential and 0 talent

No. Martin has tons of potential and tons of talent. He's just had extremely poor execution so far in his career. He needs to start. Nakamura, was supposed to be a solid contributor that could allow Martin to develop. Except that he's been complete poo and by aligning the secondary to cover for his lack of skill set we are leaving HUGE holes in the zone. I would much rather see martin get burned a few times deep but still be in position to make plays then see mid range routes sit in an underneath hole in our zone with no one within 10 yards of them, only to see Nakamura come flying in about 3 seconds after the catch and throw his helmet at their legs.

#12 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,891 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

Wow, if I were to get in a time machine, go back 8 months and say that there would be threads calling for Sherrod Martin to start, none of y'all would believe me.

I think Sherrod does need to see the field more to help cover good receivers, like Cruz last week, Jones next week or Ramses mothafukking Barden. We should still use Haruki in some packages though, namely for run stuffing.

Ever since Nakamura got the job I have said it wouldn't be the last of Martin. Talent gap is too big. We play with 2 weak SSs essentially. Don't care if he backed up Ed Reed at S....he isn't a FS.

#13 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

Ever since Nakamura got the job I have said it wouldn't be the last of Martin. Talent gap is too big. We play with 2 weak SSs essentially. Don't care if he backed up Ed Reed at S....he isn't a FS.

Ain't that the truth. I think Kuechly would make a better FS. With his speed and nose for the ball, he reminds me of Polamalu more than anyone.

Actually, this might not be a bad idea. Hey, guys! I fixed the franchise!

#14 Byrdman4real

Byrdman4real

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

How about bring in some Players that can Play period!!

#15 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,811 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

so our choices are a typical Hurney terrible 2nd rounder or a typical Hurney free agent pickup AKA some scrub castaway that nobody else wanted

how can things possibly go wrong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.