Photo
- - - - -

Probability of the Panthers winning at least 4 games this season...

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#46 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,303 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

Animated, yes. Grab a facemask and yell, not so much. That kind of stuff just doesn't happen anymore in todays NFL.

Personally, I think Rivera is still trying to find his footing. He may turn out to be a great coach, or he may never figure it out. There is just no way to tell after 20 games. Or at least that is how I see it. Some folks can't wait for Rivera to figure it out cuz they want their victories now. I am wlling to give him some time, but I know I am in the minority.

Eh, all 3 NFCS guys get pretty intense and on players in game fairly consistant......and on refs.

#47 nobody

nobody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

this is exactly how i feel. if we win 6 or 7 games again there is a 0% chance Hurney or the coaching staff get let go of. however if we finish 3-13 or 4-12 he has no other choice. the fan base would fuging riot if he didn't do something about it

dang it sir we just ruined my day. I am now torn between watching wine a cheese guys riot (picture it if you can) and the good of the team

#48 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

Head coaches have too much to do to babysit millionaire players. Players nowadays cannot handle a coach ripping on them. They are just like the majority of Huddlers. They would fap unmercifully should a coach grab their facemask.

I don't think you understand what people are referring to when they use the term "fap", unless you think all players and Huddlers are masochists.

#49 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,543 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Clowney can't enter the draft

No, but Gholston from MSU can. Not sure why a DE is such a high priortiy? Although I am all for getting talented players. You can't go wrong with talent. Well, if they don't all play the same position that is.

#50 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

I think if the Panthers lose to the Cowboys, you can blow Taps on them and they will be lucky to win 2 more games, so 3-13.

Quite a tumble from the 'playoff' hopes.

For it to have any chance of getting better:
1. Newton, no turn-overs and findng is second and 3 rd options.
2. the oline suddenly learns how to block...what a difference changing 2 guards and losing Shockey has made
3. the secondary suddenly needs to learn how to cover
4. Mcdermott has to give up the soft zone
5. Chudzinksi has to become a bit more traditional
6. Rivera, suddenly gets his head out of his ass, gets engaged in the game, and lets best players (Keek) play his natural position and injured players (beason) sit
7. Tolbert needs to remember he is a football player.

Odds of these things happening, very low.

Odds of fans and PSL holders staying interested in the team if things don't improve, very low.

For a man who 'wants to win' JR certainly seems to either have no luck or puts the worng people in charge of making the football decisions.

The reality of that SuperBowl run is it was also partly on the talent of Steve Smith, Morgan, Jenkins from the Siefert era which ironically is the reason Hurney got the job anyway and Muhammed and a few holders from Capers.

The Panthers have not had a decent DT or WR since.

#51 YoureWelcome

YoureWelcome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

I think we win 1 more game and get the #1 draft pick.

Not a bad season at all.

#52 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Eh, all 3 NFCS guys get pretty intense and on players in game fairly consistant......and on refs.

Oh yea. I want my head coach yelling at everyone all game. That is just as bad as being a statue. Getting on the refs, sure. Being intense, sure. I want my head coach to coach the game, not spend his time do other things.

You cannot have it both ways. A head coach has too much on his plate to spend too much time getting on his players.

The original post was for a head coach that is a physical, grab the facemask, kind of coach. Those days are over.

#53 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,303 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

No, but Gholston from MSU can. Not sure why a DE is such a high priortiy? Although I am all for getting talented players. You can't go wrong with talent. Well, if they don't all play the same position that is.

Probably bc DL play is as important as ever. Plus multiple DEs start and can play every down.

But DT, CB, and most importantly S rank ahead. WR probably does to. We probably need a more diverse TE as well. G too. We have lots of needs

#54 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,303 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Oh yea. I want my head coach yelling at everyone all game. That is just as bad as being a statue. Getting on the refs, sure. Being intense, sure. I want my head coach to coach the game, not spend his time do other things.

You cannot have it both ways. A head coach has too much on his plate to spend too much time getting on his players.

The original post was for a head coach that is a physical, grab the facemask, kind of coach. Those days are over.

I don't want my HC yelling all game or wearing his emotions on his sleeve.....

B

#55 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

This is what I am talking about. Is this how fans act nowadays? Who hopes for losses?

Apparently I do if they continue running read option, zone coverage bullsht. Call me what you want to.

#56 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,317 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

It all depends on which team shows up on game days... Good panthers or bad panthers.

My guess is that we'll win a game or two we "should" lose and lose a game or two we "should" win.

I'll also say that if the offense that played against the Giants and Seahawks shows up the rest of the season, we will finish 1-15.

#57 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Probably bc DL play is as important as ever. Plus multiple DEs start and can play every down.

But DT, CB, and most importantly S rank ahead. WR probably does to. We probably need a more diverse TE as well. G too. We have lots of needs

Don't take things so literally. Or put words in my mouth either. Although around here it is almost expected.

We have needs sure. Someone mentioned Clowney, so I said Gholston. I never said we only need one more DE to be scary. We both know we have more holes to fill, but talent is talent. It ususally comes down to who has the most talent. Talent wins.

We have talent. Just not enough as of now. I see Norman as a young talent, but we could use another young stud. S, yes. TE, yes. DTs are fine for now, but it needs an infusion of young talent. And I agree a starting caliber G would be helpfull.

I see plenty of talent on this team. So, if it is not the talent. What is the problem? Mistakes, coaching, and Cam are the three main reasons we are where we are.

IMO. We are closer than most think where it comes to talent.

#58 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,701 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

I cant guage until i see how we come out of the bye week

#59 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,303 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

Don't take things so literally. Or put words in my mouth either. Although around here it is almost expected.

We have needs sure. Someone mentioned Clowney, so I said Gholston. I never said we only need one more DE to be scary. We both know we have more holes to fill, but talent is talent. It ususally comes down to who has the most talent. Talent wins.

We have talent. Just not enough as of now. I see Norman as a young talent, but we could use another young stud. S, yes. TE, yes. DTs are fine for now, but it needs an infusion of young talent. And I agree a starting caliber G would be helpfull.

I see plenty of talent on this team. So, if it is not the talent. What is the problem? Mistakes, coaching, and Cam are the three main reasons we are where we are.

IMO. We are closer than most think where it comes to talent.

Pointing out we have Stewart, Williams, Tolbert in a list....doesn't actually tilt the talent scale like many suggests.

We are thin or weak at multiple key areas.

And if a guy like Clowney was available you draft him no matter who your DEs are.

DTs? We have bandaids at DT.

#60 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Animated, yes. Grab a facemask and yell, not so much. That kind of stuff just doesn't happen anymore in todays NFL.

Personally, I think Rivera is still trying to find his footing. He may turn out to be a great coach, or he may never figure it out. There is just no way to tell after 20 games. Or at least that is how I see it. Some folks can't wait for Rivera to figure it out cuz they want their victories now. I am wlling to give him some time, but I know I am in the minority.

The problem with this is while Rivera is figuring things out, while we're waiting to see whether he becomes a good coach or never figures it out, Cam's career is going down the drain. By the time Rivera figure things out, Cam will be a draft bust because he didn't get the right kind of support. In which case, we will have to go on another search to find a franchise QB. Steve Smith will be retired. D-Will will be on another team as the back up to a back up. J-Stew's running ability will be going out of it's prime. And Kuechly will be barely keeping things together on the defensive side of the ball.

I could see if we had an experienced QB, who is matured in running an offense. Yet this guy is still learning, and as many have said, this current offense seems to have stalled his development. (You can't begin your career running a 75% pro offense, and then the next year revert to the more comfortable college system. That's like entering you're sophmore year in high school, and the teacher begins teaching on the alphabet.) So my biggest problem is even if Rivera finally figures it out a couple of years from now, Cam will be ruined and we will have to start all over again looking for a QB.

Now, I'm a pretty patient guy, I understand this is Rivera's second year as a head coach. Yet my thing is he has seriously regressed from last year. I'm crazy about this team, and hope we go 19-0 every year no matter how many mediocre free agent talent we have start for us going into the season. Yet even I know there will be bumps in the road for this young coach, and I'm willing to go through them. However as I said, Rivera has seriously regressed. It goes beyond bumps in the road. It comes down to you don't know what you're doing at this point. You don't know how to fire your team up for a primetime game, to you don't know how to rebound after a tough loss. Your players can't half tackle, and you aren't feeding your billion dollar running backs. This tells me Rivera is way in over his head.

So unless I see some significant change when we play the cowboys (Rivera has two weeks to prepare for this one), if he can't fire his team up after all the criticism it is receiving and losing the guy who said we are winning the superbowl, if we come out flatter than day old soda, I'm sorry but Rivera got to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com