38 replies to this topic

#1 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

Why did I ever tell my kid I could do this. Maybe because she said "Mom, you can do this!!" and to not let her down I said, "sure babe, I can do it!"

So since Oct 1st I have embarked on this quest to make her Eziocostume.

I'm not a sculptor. I can create a lot of things but sculpting isn't one of my strong suits. Especially with a bum hand. I've made this out of cold porcelain and waiting on it to dry so it can be sanded and painted. I hope like hell it doesn't fall to pieces. I'm aware it looks like poo.

Posted Image

#2 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,520 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

looks pretty good to me... don't be so hard on yourself.

-she's going to wear it probably once.
-you've put more effort in already than 99% of parents would ever do.

#3 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 10,285 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

Its look pretty good. And I played all of the Assassin Creed games.

#4 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

looks pretty good to me... don't be so hard on yourself.

-she's going to wear it probably once.
-you've put more effort in already than 99% of parents would ever do.

She wears her costumes all the time. You haven't seen anything until you have walked outside and seen a ninja hunting easter eggs or a vampire picking strawberries. I should have pics of this.

#5 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,567 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

That looks pretty damned good to me LiaG...

#6 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,567 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

Looked at the Ezio pic again.. is that thing silver? Can you wrap it in aluminum foil or maybe heat shrink foil to it somehow? Would that help its integrity any?

#7 leaf

leaf

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

Looks amazing so far, and will rock the high Heavens once you add paint and detailing. You make me feel bad for shoving my kids into Halloween hand me downs.

#8 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,359 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

That's incredible. I'm not familiar with the character but just looked it up and that looks identical down to every detail to me. Mom of the month award if you ask me.

#9 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

Thanks, I kinda do have a tendency to be too critical of myself.

I need your help!
I'm having a problem trying to figure out what to mount this thing to. Since it's going to be a belt buckle essentially, I need to mount it to something that will keep it from breaking in half. It needs to be something that's rounded since it will be going around her waist. Something that I can cut with a jigsaw, scissors or heat gun things but sturdy enough so that it doesn't flex too much. I also need to attach 4 buckles to it. It will need to look like this sortof...
Posted Image

#10 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:58 AM

Looked at the Ezio pic again.. is that thing silver? Can you wrap it in aluminum foil or maybe heat shrink foil to it somehow? Would that help its integrity any?

Yeah, I have to sand it and paint it.

I have some silver leaf spray paint i'm going to spray it with and do the detailing with black mixed into the silver.

#11 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,567 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

Yeah, I agree with the others, you're being way too hard on yourself... I couldn't make anything even resembling that in a zillion years... my kids always got store bought costumes 'cause we aren't very creative in that department. Fortunately mine are old enough now that they either don't care or can make/buy their own.

#12 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,520 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

Thanks, I kinda do have a tendency to be too critical of myself.

I need your help!
I'm having a problem trying to figure out what to mount this thing to. Since it's going to be a belt buckle essentially, I need to mount it to something that will keep it from breaking in half. It needs to be something that's rounded since it will be going around her waist. Something that I can cut with a jigsaw, scissors or heat gun things but sturdy enough so that it doesn't flex too much. I also need to attach 4 buckles to it. It will need to look like this sortof...
Posted Image

I've found little sheets of really light 1/4" plywood at lowes before. You don't want it to be a heavy material. It was birch, maybe? Something that was pretty flexible at the thickness.

#13 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

I've found little sheets of really light 1/4" plywood at lowes before. You don't want it to be a heavy material.

I have some of that already. I wonder how could I make it slightly rounded so that it wraps around her front?

#14 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,359 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

what about some thin, pliable sheet metal? i know you can get that stuff at home depot or lowe's, but not sure how easy it is to cut. if it's going to be covered in fabric you could easily pad any sharp corners and edges.

#15 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,520 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

I have some of that already. I wonder how could I make it slightly rounded so that it wraps around her front?

Is it flexible at all? If so, you could try to rig it between two objects on a curve and run a hot steam vaporizer/humidifier under it, the kind you would use if you were sick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.