Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Les Miles, Urban Meyer, Nick Saban

60 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, Okay point taken. I said I don't watch college football, Im just throwing some names out there getting some feedback. Im not even going to defend the post

Posted

College head coaches rarely workout. Few exceptions but not many.

Posted

I like Saban and contrary to other opinions didn't suck at Maimi and wasn't over his head. He coached two seasons finished 9-7 in his 1st and 6-10 in his 2nd. He went thru 3 quarterbacks due to injuries in his 2nd season. Keep this in mind his team played hard every game and his players loved playing for him. He left for the Bama job for many reasons one of which was his wife hated south Florida. Saban is a winner, you could do a lot worse than Nick Saban.

3 people like this

Posted

College head coaches rarely workout. Few exceptions but not many.

Posted

I like Saban and contrary to other opinions didn't suck at Maimi and wasn't over his head. He coached two seasons finished 9-7 in his 1st and 6-10 in his 2nd. He went thru 3 quarterbacks due to injuries in his 2nd season. Keep this in mind his team played hard every game and his players loved playing for him. He left for the Bama job for many reasons one of which was his wife hated south Florida. Saban is a winner, you could do a lot worse than Nick Saban.

Will say Saban used to be under belichek.

Posted

Thats where I wanted to go with this post, I think the team could use an infusion of motivation with all this controversy. It would also give Cam an opportunity to develop a better repor with the media if we had a more out front "ra,ra" sort of coach.

Posted

If you're talking Nick Saban and Les Miles, then I think you've got to throw Gene Chizik into the conversation.

Posted

I am not a big fan of Saban but he would be a good choice. But he is probably getting paid more right now at Alabama than we would or even should be willing to pay.

I think he is getting paid something like 5 million a year or maybe more. Someone fact check that for me because I am too lazy to look it up

Posted

Yes 5 million

Posted

If you're talking Nick Saban and Les Miles, then I think you've got to throw Gene Chizik into the conversation.

Chizik is fixing to get fired. Lol.

Posted

Thanks. I am not sure I would want to shell out 7 million a year to bring in a college coach. But out of the choices Saban is the only one I would want.

Posted

After reading this thread I was trying to think of any college coach I would want and the only name I could come up with that was also viable is Chris Petersen.