73 replies to this topic

#46 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,701 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:29 AM

Posted Image

Can't wait for tons of pics like this posted when and if the GM were to make a mistake.

I approve of this move only for this reason. I can;t wait to yell this after every draft pick.

#47 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

I'm more turned off of Cowher through the simple fact that he hasn't coached since 2006 than his playoff record. Six years is a very long time to be absent and just come back and try to get any success going.

Makes me fear a Joe Gibbs vs 2.0 situation.

#48 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,210 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:01 AM

This is the first I recall hearing about Khan, so I looked him up... I started to get excited at the possibility. He has the pedigree, the background JR would love coming from the Steelers BUT, then I got to this:

http://en.wikipedia....(administrator)

In 2001 he was hired by the Steelers and has served as their chief contract negotiator and capologist, replacing Dan Ferens.[4] In that role he has helped to assemble two Super Bowl winners.[5]

I thought we were looking to go the football/scouting route for the next guy? I think the only way we do this is if he brings half of the Steelers scouting dept. as well, lol.

#49 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

I don't really want cowher either but to say he wasn't winning enough as being the reason is silly. Before they drafted Big Ben they were getting to the playoffs with scrub QBs like Tommy Maddox, MIke Tomczak, kordell Stewart, and Neil o'donnell.

#50 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,701 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

If JR is seeking an attitude adjustment that has low tolerance for losing.. the chin would be a good start.

#51 carp24000

carp24000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

I want some attitude on the sideline....

Posted Image

#52 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

I love it when a franchise that has rarely had back to back winning seasons says 10 out of 15 playoff appearances is not good enough. Amazing...

#53 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

Good things don't happen to the Panthers....

This theory is only possible in the land of gumdrops and unicorns

#54 ScottInStanley

ScottInStanley

Shivagit

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

Would be nice to have a HC who is not a stoic statue for once. I want some fire on the sidelines

#55 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

I'm for it.

#56 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,084 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

10 mother fuging years going to the playoffs out of 15! What is there not to get? How is that not as great as advertised? Do you miss Fox?

True. But most if those were years when the Browns, Bengala, and Ravens sucked complete ass.

He had a very good record, but you do have to take it in context.

#57 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

True. But most if those were years when the Browns, Bengala, and Ravens sucked complete ass.

He had a very good record, but you do have to take it in context.

Yep, they had 6 easy wins every year. Same with the Patriots for a lot of years. Its easy to make the playoffs when the rest of your division is complete garbage.

#58 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

How many retired HoF coaches have come out of retirement and produced a Super Bowl victory?

#59 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • LocationRotting slowly in Afghanistan

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

Heck, If Cowher Became Head Coach for us and even got us to the playoffs two years in a row, I would Make a Friggin Statue of his likeness in my CHU! People, who cares if he didn't make the Superbowl every 2 years. The point is, He's been there. And Won. We need a winner. We need fire. Winning breeds winning.

#60 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

Heck, If Cowher Became Head Coach for us and even got us to the playoffs two years in a row, I would Make a Friggin Statue of his likeness in my CHU! People, who cares if he didn't make the Superbowl every 2 years. The point is, He's been there. And Won. We need a winner. We need fire. Winning breeds winning.

I know Cowher was a great coach and had much success in Pitt. I just don't remember how often a coach with such pedigree has panned out after coming out of retirement and trying to rebuild somewhere else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.