Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just purchased my first home

34 posts in this topic

Posted

*college student living in apartment*

*realizes he has nothing to add*

*lurks anyway*

1 person likes this

Posted

congrats man. I actually was going to send you a pm today to see if you had gotten everything worked out since you'd been having issues with the builder. Never got around to it though.

I think getting cold feet is a normal thing. I felt the same way when I bought in February. Your interest rate is a lot better than mine though. Mine is 4.2%.

1 person likes this

Posted

also, thats a big ranch. They don't build many single story homes with that kind of square footage.

Posted

definitely a good deal. we got ours for 15 years at 3.5 based on really good credit (and the fact that we bought a dump-ass foreclosure.)

have fun, it's an adventure!

Posted

The builder I had issues with got fired and new builder is pretty good guy. My closing was scheduled for November 9th but I know the game since I'm an accountant so called them up on Monday and I offered to close on 31st if they'd threw some free stuff my way. They gave me $2k in extra stuff to close a week early. I have no idea how and why I got such a good interest rate but I'll take it. I called my loan officer back in early October and asked what's my current interest rate, he said 3.25% (down from 3.9% 2 months ago) so I told him to lock it up ASAP.

Posted

also, thats a big ranch. They don't build many single story homes with that kind of square footage.

It was supposed to be 2,200 sqft but we added an extra bedroom and extended our living room by 320 sqft.

Posted

nice man... i know the process was a nightmare for you... congrats.

1 person likes this

Posted

Kidding? You're wanted in 20 states...

Posted

Damn... Just closed on my home and 1st payment due in less than 30 days. Someone told me they usually give you 45-60 days before first payment is due. Oh well...

Posted

Quick question. I don't have waste and recycling bins yet... Do I need to call someone in order to get em?

Posted

just throw it in your yard... someone will come tell you what to do.

2 people like this

Posted

3.25% is a damn good rate. You must have built up your credit really well.

Congrats, glad everything with the builder worked out in the end.