okay.......

#62 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

okay.......

To be able to withstand a war that we didn't see coming, or another major recession/depression, hence having to borrow monies again, we have to pay this back down.

We are on the verge of another down tick in our credit rating, when that happens money gets even more expensive to borrow, and we have a harder and harder time getting out from under the debt.

The only way to really keep it going is to continue to de-value the dollar so we can start paying this massive debt off, and IMO that is not good for anyone.

#63 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,589 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

When the economy's down, we're doomed. When it's up, we're unstoppable.

This is like being in the Panthers section of the board.

#64 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,244 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

To be able to withstand a war that we didn't see coming, or another major recession/depression, hence having to borrow monies again, we have to pay this back down.

We are on the verge of another down tick in our credit rating, when that happens money gets even more expensive to borrow, and we have a harder and harder time getting out from under the debt.

The only way to really keep it going is to continue to de-value the dollar so we can start paying this massive debt off, and IMO that is not good for anyone.

If the economy grows by an extra point year over year we would be in the clear pretty quickly.

#65 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

If the economy grows by an extra point year over year we would be in the clear pretty quickly.

You don't really believe that do you?

With the speed in which we are increasing spending.

If I could see a true decrease in spending out of Washington, then I will go along with this. However I don't, and haven't in years.

#66 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Our credit rating was downgraded because of our government's inability to deal with the economic situation(not upping the dept ceiling and creating a long term solution) not the economic situation in itself.

There is absolutely zero reason why the US can't pay off the debt.

#67 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Our credit rating was downgraded because of our government's inability to deal with the economic situation(not upping the dept ceiling and creating a long term solution) not the economic situation in itself.

There is absolutely zero reason why the US can't pay off the debt.

Our credit rating was and will be lowered because investors feel that Washington does not know how to pay off this climbing debt, and therefore may never do so.

You said it yourself, no long term solution. And I still have not heard of a single one, other than if the economy grows we can get out of this mess.

What if it doesn't?

#68 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,589 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

thefuzz, America's Economic Swami.

#69 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

My worry is how much more are they gonna take from those making 40-140K per year to start making up for all the baby boomers retiring?

This is why everyone needs one of these installed at birth:

Posted Image

#70 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

thefuzz, America's Economic Swami.

Nowhere do I claim to be, you do to some extent, but I certainly don't.

Del, I am worried about the future of this country, I am not trying to outsmart anyone, or prove people wrong. I am just trying to point out to a few others that we probably need to start opening our eyes, and pay attention to what DC is doing to us.

Maybe you like the road we are heading down, and that's cool, but personally I don't. I would love to take home more of my money. I would love to not pass on debt that my generation accrued to my children.

But whatever.

#71 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Our credit rating was and will be lowered because investors feel that Washington does not know how to pay off this climbing debt, and therefore may never do so.

You said it yourself, no long term solution. And I still have not heard of a single one, other than if the economy grows we can get out of this mess.

What if it doesn't?

Do you remember when the rating was downgraded? It was when the debt ceiling was being used as a bargaining chip.

#72 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,589 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

Our credit rating was and will be lowered because investors feel that Washington does not know how to pay off this climbing debt

Looks like a prediction to me.

#73 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,538 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Nowhere do I claim to be, you do to some extent, but I certainly don't.

Del, I am worried about the future of this country, I am not trying to outsmart anyone, or prove people wrong. I am just trying to point out to a few others that we probably need to start opening our eyes, and pay attention to what DC is doing to us.

Maybe you like the road we are heading down, and that's cool, but personally I don't. I would love to take home more of my money. I would love to not pass on debt that my generation accrued to my children.

But whatever.

Fwiw, most of us pay attention, at least most that vote anyway. The problem is that our leaders can't come to a consensus as to how to fix it. And our leaders are merely a reflection of the voting populace. The best way to fix it imo is a balanced approach of cutting spending (mostly across the board) and most of the bush tax cuts to expire. But both sides are going to have to come to an agreement, and so far, they haven't.

#74 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Looks like a prediction to me.

Prediction...no, assumption....yes.

I feel that we will have it lowered again, but I certainly can't predict the future.

#75 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Fwiw, most of us pay attention, at least most that vote anyway. The problem is that our leaders can't come to a consensus as to how to fix it. And our leaders are merely a reflection of the voting populace. The best way to fix it imo is a balanced approach of cutting spending (mostly across the board) and most of the bush tax cuts to expire. But both sides are going to have to come to an agreement, and so far, they haven't.

100% agree with you. I just have not seen any indication out of this government that they are willing to cut any spending what so ever.

More interested in their next 15 years instead of this country's next 150.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com