Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chip Kelly discussion

61 posts in this topic

Posted

I'd take Saban before Kelly.

I don't believe in gimmick offenses and his recruiting prowess means nothing in the NFL.

I don't want any college coaches other than those using it as a short term stepping stone, like Harbaugh did. Actually, if I was forced to choose a college coach the Stanford guy is the one I'd pick.

1 person likes this

Posted

JR will not bring in a college coach and he won't bring in a big name, he will bring in a highly successful coridinator who deserves a chance, deserves a promotion, which RIvera did. Unfortunatley it seems he did not work out. I still see JR doing the same thing, promoting a successful defensive corinator. At least that is what he says he prefers doing.

I get what you're saying... But the man is running out of time, which leads me to believe that he's desperate and will do whatever is necessary to win in the very immediate future. I say he does go after a big name, and a proven one at that. I do however see a BIG changeover in HC's across the League during the offseason which will make it more difficult.

Here's the teams I think will be looking for a HC after the season:

KC

Philly

Carolina

Cleveland (New GM)

Possibly Jacksonville

And maybe others... It will make it a little more difficult to get who we want because of the attrition across the League imo

Speaking of which.... Do coaches' salaries go against the cap? Probably a dumb question, but I don't think that they do.

Posted

I'd take Saban before Kelly.

I don't believe in gimmick offenses and his recruiting prowess means nothing in the NFL.

You'd take Saban after what he did to Miami? I get why you'd want him as a coach, but in my mind he is not to be trusted ever again... Period!

Posted

No, staff money is separate.

Posted

Prob one of the best college coaches out there. He def could turn this program around.

Posted

No, staff money is separate.

Thanks, that's what I thought... But for some reason I was second guessing myself.

Would it be safe to assume then, that JR would be willing to open up his checkbook to see to it (so to speak) that he gets to witness his franchise win a SB?

I say yes

Posted

I don't know, last time he did that he got burned by Seifert.

I just think Kelly would be a horrible NFL coach.

Posted

As long as he realizes that he can't run the college offense in the NFL and runs a smart NFL offense then I'd be for him

Posted

Pretty sure Chip Kelly would be able to score a lot of points in the NFL. That's what that system does. It's QB friendly. The spread is already here. (Siants, Lions, Patriots, Packers)

Posted

I don't know, last time he did that he got burned by Seifert.

I just think Kelly would be a horrible NFL coach.

You thought Cam Newton was a bad pick as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

You thought Cam Newton was a bad pick as well.

I'm sure your record is spotless and I still defend my reasoning on that draft.

Posted

I'm sure your record is spotless and I still defend my reasoning on that draft.

I don't make stupid statements about players or coaches, so yes it is.