Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

Blah! Fuc Rivera

#42 Matthias

Matthias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

Rivera is perfect in coach challenges!

Yet I don't know if I want to continue with him as coach, because I don't trust him with our offense. He should have gotten a real fullback, to help with the running game. I realize he is not John Fox and play Foxball, but man we got some real talent at running back. Cam is throwing way too much, and his footwork is not solid from the lack of pro-style snaps. That is why his passes are a little off at times. Smitty could have had a 100 yards receiving if Cam's footwork was solid.

I wouldn't mind Rivera stay, if he gets rid of Chud and bring in a cat that runs a pro style offense. That has balance between running and passing.

#43 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• LocationCharleston, SC
SUPPORTER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

I want a few more wins before I give Rivera the benefit of the doubt again, and not just wins. I want to see improvement as well.

#44 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

I want to see VAST improvement in the things that we should be good at. What I credit him with, is seeing the zone read plays not working, and changing, what I also see, is that it happened too late. The defense is impressive, we still need to get better on 3rd down on both sides of the ball. We need another QUALITY WR, and we need a young STUD DT. But, the future is bright, I just wish it would be bright from week 1.

#45 PantherFan4Ever

PantherFan4Ever

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

I'm not sure what happened but the same players we tho were garbage now playing with fire and hunger and making plays all over the place... Tackling improved big time. I have not seen so much effort from the Panthers in over 4 years...

Yes...congrats to Coach Rivera for doing his job...

#46 spartan_pantherfan

spartan_pantherfan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

I'd give him another year. If he lost the team you would see it ( like someone said look at morris and TB last year ). The D is playing better each week. What he needs to do is get rid of the dud coordinators especially on the offensive side.

#47 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationTulsa, OK
HUDDLER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Rivera is doing a great job with the defense, but Chud needs to be on the hot seat. I have seem some improvement by the offense the last 2 weeks, but we are not as explosive as last year. I just need to continue to see improvement by the offense from week to week. I think the whole team is starting to move in the right direction. They have never quit on Rivera.. and that is a definite positive. If we finish with at least 6 wins this season, I'd give Rivera one more season.

#48 jake14wl

jake14wl

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationNC
HUDDLER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

Rivera is perfect in coach challenges!

Yet I don't know if I want to continue with him as coach, because I don't trust him with our offense. He should have gotten a real fullback, to help with the running game. I realize he is not John Fox and play Foxball, but man we got some real talent at running back. Cam is throwing way too much, and his footwork is not solid from the lack of pro-style snaps. That is why his passes are a little off at times. Smitty could have had a 100 yards receiving if Cam's footwork was solid.

I wouldn't mind Rivera stay, if he gets rid of Chud and bring in a cat that runs a pro style offense. That has balance between running and passing.

Cam only threw 23 passes.....

#49 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• LocationCharlotte, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

There is absolutley no quit to this team...
They have been playing hard all year...

The defense IS the story of this team...

This may be one one of the better defenses in the NFL right now....
I don't know how many teams have given up fewer yards over the last 4 weeks, but there can't be many...

This won't be a popular statement on this forum to say the least, but if they keep playing like this Rivera may keep his job after all.

I have to give it up to Rivera. A week ago I wanted to fire the guy the day after our season ended. But if the defense keeps improving like it is, I want him to keep his job. He has shocked me with how much the team is improving week to week. If he keeps the team on its current trajectory, I see him being back next year, especially if JR makes Beane the permanent GM.

#50 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home
HUDDLER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

Players seem to think highly of Rivera & they always play hard for him. Rivera is a defensive mastermind & knows the game. He has struggled managing the game as a HC but you can see him learning & improving every week. Doesn't matter, though. Team could reel off 9 straight to finish 10-6 & people would still bash him.

If they reeled off nine in a row, I would be back on board. He has always had street cred with the team. It was truly horrible though how he allowed Chud to call those first six games. I just hate that he had to lose four straight to maybe question the offense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users