26 replies to this topic

#1 John Fox

John Fox

it is what it is

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

How can a player be so horrible. I don't know what is worse, Delhomme vs the Cards or Ward vs the Pens

#2 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:16 PM

How can a player be so horrible. I don't know what is worse, Delhomme vs the Cards or Ward vs the Pens

prepare to be flamed by the canes dickriders

i'd say Wardo, what an awful performance.

#3 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:48 PM

At least Ward can hang his hat on winning a Cup

#4 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:12 PM

He hasnt been as good as he was but two flucky goals.....the second one was babchuck's fault.......

#5 Superadiabatic

Superadiabatic

Resident Weather Geek

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:44 PM

Not even watching the game, but I know it isn't Cam's fault, and even if it was it would be because he got tired of supporting the rest of the slackers. Cam's the reason we got this far in the first place.

#6 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:54 PM

Not even watching the game, but I know it isn't Cam's fault, and even if it was it would be because he got tired of supporting the rest of the slackers. Cam's the reason we got this far in the first place.

I know Cam has gotten us this far but he could be better...the first two goals he shouldve stopped....even if the second was Babchuk's fault he should have stopped it

#7 chucktownpanther

chucktownpanther

College football is king

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:26 PM

delhomme was worse......by far. we werent underdogs in the cardinals game like we were in this season.

#8 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:28 PM

Some people need to learn hockey before spouting off. He flubb that one goal but that was it.

#9 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,752 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:18 PM

Nice to see that you are an equal opportunity idiot.....

#10 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,896 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:27 PM

Sheesh, perfect example here of the "what have you done for me now" crowd.

Cam is main reason we got this far. Pitt had his number and he didn't get enough help from the defensive linemen for a lot of the series yet he stepped up and made some amazing saves...well again until Pitt.

Cam may get an extension this summer and be our 2nd most important player on the team. Deal with it.

#11 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,384 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:31 PM

IT wasn't just ward in this series, A lot of blame has to be placed on the defense. They were worn out by Malkin in this series and the Boston series probably fatigued everyone too much.

Still a damn fine year for the Canes though, especially since we weren't even expected to be in the Playoff's to begin with. Just need to build off of this and get back next season.

#12 17+89=6

17+89=6

The Line of Eld

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:49 PM

Yea, damn you Cam Ward for only ever losing 1 playoff series. Damn you to hell for outperforming the best goaltender in the history of the game, and a Vezina finalist. It's your fault your defense let you down and gave up a 1 on 1 almost every period.

Cam didn't play to the best of his ability, but unless you understand the game of hockey, don't even try to talk about it.

Oh, and did you see our fans after we lost. STANDING OVATION. You know why? Because we had a great run. And we love our team. I'm sure you have never been to a game. Or you would know what real fans are.

#13 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:25 PM

Cam wasn't at his best this series and the pop fly puck miss killed me,but the Panthers were the real chumps to lose like that against Arizona!

#14 WildBill559

WildBill559

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:15 PM

Cam didn't play to the best of his ability, but unless you understand the game of hockey, don't even try to talk about it.

Amen, fans do this every year to the best goalies without paying much attention. I follow SJ in the West and the Canes in the East, both of their goalies will be thrown under the bus unjustly.

#15 Ga Cat Fan

Ga Cat Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:06 PM

Ward made some mistakes, but he played outstanding at times, IMO. The Canes just didn't have enough to do anything with the Pens. Maybe the previous two seven game series took the energy out of the team. In any case, they had a great season. Hopefully it can carry over into the next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com