Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin Greene

2012 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

470 posts in this topic

For those that think Kobe is crying....

http://www.nba.com/official/

Missed foul call at end of Lakers-Hawks Game

With 3.9 seconds remaining in the Atlanta Hawks' 96-92 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on March 13, the Lakers' Kobe Bryant attempted a jump shot over the Hawks' Dahntay Jones. After review at the league office, video replay confirmed that referees missed a foul call on Jones as he challenged Bryant's shot and did not give him the opportunity to land cleanly back on the floor. Bryant should have been granted two free throws. Click video here.

1 person likes this

It was clearly a foul.

Only an ignorant Hater with his head up his ass would argue otherwise.

Kobe should have been given free throws with a chance to force overtime.

Jones, based on his past history should be suspended and face the resulting fine.

The officials should be reprimanded for failing to call the most basic of NBA fouls, protecting the shooter.

Whether this loss will effect the Lakers Playoff hopes remains to be seen.

It was clearly a foul.

Only an ignorant Hater with his head up his ass would argue otherwise.

Kobe should have been given free throws with a chance to force overtime.

Jones, based on his past history should be suspended and face the resulting fine.

The officials should be reprimanded for failing to call the most basic of NBA fouls, protecting the shooter.

Whether this loss will effect the Lakers Playoff hopes remains to be seen.

After looking at the schedule I'm more optimistic then I was last night. Kobe could miss the next four games and the Lakers could conceivably go 3-1. They have Indiana tomorrow night which is a loss in my opinion. Then they get Sacramento and Phoinex on Sunday/Monday. Phoinex worries me because it's a road game on the second night of a back to back, but I still think they can win if they center the offense around Dwight. Then they don't play again till Friday against the Wizards in a game where Pau is likely to be back on the floor. After that it's Golden State on the 25 where Kobe would have 12 days of rest to get the swelling down. I really could see this scenario, and going 3-1 in that stretch should put some more distance between L.A. and Utah with the Jazz having Memphis, New York, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, and Philadelphia over that same 12 day stretch....

1 person likes this

Kobe is game time decision.

I think with his kill all attitude and his previous stance towards his teammates playing through pain, he will play, even if for a few minutes to show his team that if he can play with one good ankle, the rest of the team better atleast try to play with two.

The man just isn't human. Warming up on the floor tonight and will play according to Trudell, and MDA....Love him or hate him, but he's the epitome of a warrior in an athlete, and when he finally doe hang it up we may never see another player with that kind of drive and desire....

usp-nba_-denver-nuggets-at-los-angeles-lakers_001-x-large.jpg

Steve+Blake+Los+Angeles+Lakers+v+Denver+Nuggets+_oW4Zl25vuAl.jpg

That is all....

Very impressive.

Time to change that 3-1 prediction to 4-0. :D

I hope the Mamba will chill and just take a couple games off.

Very impressive.

Time to change that 3-1 prediction to 4-0. :D

I hope the Mamba will chill and just take a couple games off.

I still worry about PHX on the second leg of a back to back on the road. But I'm hopeful they can get all four and really put some distance between themselves and the Jazz.. Also Pau will be on the floor against PHX so that may be the boost they need to get that one too.

Part of the reason the Kobe dunk is so sick is because at his age he can still elevate like that. Barnes is a 20 year old rookie who doesn't have 17 years of a grueling NBA schedule already behind him. Makes a huge difference whether you care to admit it or not.....

dunk of the year still?

599165_10151501556386100_1532324295_n.jpg