• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

Want to know why teams are less concerned with our D? They know its a quick 3 and out before they get another shot at em. By the end of the game, they are worn out from not getting any rest.

#32 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

No, if the others leave he goes also. This was our problem in 2010 when we fired the coaching staff but left behind the GM. No we can't do that anymore tell all of them to kick rocks.

#33 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,422 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

I think it should be clear to anyone that Rivera's behind the defenses success. If it were not for the terrible playcalling on the offense we would have won our last 4 games.

#34 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

maybe

#35 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

no thanks

while I do feel he has been solid for us.. I would much rather have the new GM bring in a completely new staff

#36 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,166 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

unpopular opinion alert- Rivera could have a major hand in our defense's improved play-also vastly improved DT's from last year

#37 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

For all we know the D will revert to terrible status next season regardless of what happens. Our O was supposed to be the same or even improve this year, but has regressed into one of the worst units in the league. If the new GM thinks McDermott is the best guy for the job, fine, keep him. If not, get rid of him. But I think it's safe to say in the NFL you can't expect units to automatically improve just because you keep the same core and add a few pieces.

#38 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

If McDermott has a good and comfortable working relationship with the new head coach (if we have a new head coach) then I wouldn't be opposed to him staying. The defense has played well this year.

But how much of that is Rivera, and how much of it is McDermott. Rivera may not know that much about offense, but he is certainly an excellent defensive coach, and much of the defenses resurgence could be due to him.

#39 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,758 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

McDermott and Marc Ross have a previous working relationship. Ditto Ross and Rivera (from their Eagle years) though McDermott's would be closer since he was in the scouting department at the time.

If Marc Ross gets the GM job, it'll be interesting to see if those acquaintances come into play.

#40 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Lets be honest here for a second, it's not like we're doing anything special on defense (scheme wise).

We're pretty much just running a cover 2 and a cover 3, and keeping everything in front of us. If anything you can credit Hurney for bringing in Dwan, but a guy like Hardy, was bound to develop sooner or later.

#41 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

Our defense is really good right now, still does not mean it cannot be just as good or even better under a different regime.

Plus is McDermott really running the defense? Rivera was hired because of his incredibly good defenses in Chicago and San Diego, so if I were to pick which of the two were running the defense I would lean more towards Rivera than Mcdermott. Remember he was run out of Philly for blitzing too much(ala his mentor) and no being able to field a good defense despite the talent they had.

Yeah that Eagles D has sure stepped it up since McD left town.............

#42 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,748 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

Probably already been mentioned, but I'm sure RR has had some effect on the defense. Would be interesting to know if it's more McDermott or RR, but either way I'm guessing it will be a complete clearing of the coaching staff.

#43 punkpanther

punkpanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

I would hope that the new GM would consider keeping McD. I think he is an up and coming D coach. I like the aggressiveness as of late. If the D keeps it up the last 7 games I think there is a strong argument for keeping him.

#44 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

it's a shame when our offense is giving up more points than they score

#45 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,797 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

Yea everybody is bye bye

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.