8 replies to this topic

#1 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,583 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

I am starting to believe that midway though the 4th quarter something changes with our team.We look passive and lethargic on offense and soft on defense.I think we have a bad mojo.

#2 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

Great thread dude, very informative and interesting and I will read again.

LOL

#3 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

Do you mean we seem to channel Fox when trying to protect a lead. A punt is not a bad play, rush 3 drop 8, make them beat us type thing?

Nah. I don't see it.

#4 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

This team hasn't had a killer instinct for years because the coaches haven't had it. It's the reason we never feel like a lead is safe and we almost always let teams come charging back and make us nervous near the end of a game.

The difference is we got rid of John Fox who, no matter how much we dislike him, was a capable coach until his time just ran out here and JR handicapped his last season by gutting the roster and brought in Rivera who also has no killer instinct but is also a below average coach. The difference is clear. We still let teams come charging back but now we let them win more often than not.

The thing isn't that we go through a change midway through the 4th quarter - it's that other teams do. Other teams adjust to the circumstances of the game, go into a different offense, play different defense, try to win the game. We just hold the rudder straight and don't react any way other than going into a soft zone on the last drive of every game.

#5 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

I like that no matter how many times this team has lost games in the last few years, when we have a lead we act like we can just watch time go by and go ahead and ink in a W.

#6 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

We systematically let the other teams beat us.

#7 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,583 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

We cant even win a coin toss

#8 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,162 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

maybe hurney was secretly some kind of shaman and threw some kind of curse on this place on his way out. i'm convinced demons and other spiritual thugs preside over all our games. someone needs to perform an exorcism on the entire staff to see who brought in the bad juju. ban amulets from the stadium. sacrifice a goat or some poo on an altar made of nakamura's locker. bring in a feng shui coordinator.

all this must be done before ernie accorsi's shadow falls over BOA's doorstep lest he be influenced accordingly and suggest mike trgovac as our dynastic general manager.

#9 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Nothing mystical about trying to sit on a one score lead and defaulting to a prevent defense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.