Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 names in the grapevine for the GM job

55 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I've never really thought of Mr.Richardson as a "hands on" owner until recently. It's pretty obvious now with the stories/reports/evidence that Mr.Richardson does what he wants to do.

Lately, it seems that the Big Cat doesn't care if the team stinks because he knows 70k fans are still going to pile in to the stadium Sunday and buy concessions, merchandise, etc.

It's similar to earlier in the year when he was a staunch supporter of not paying the officials. Sure, the quality of the games and integrity are affected, but guess what? The entire country is still paying money to watch the games and buy NFL stuff. As long as the cash flow is still going into his pockets its all good!!!

Posted · Report post

Yes, clearly Richardson doesn't care which explains why he bothered to fire Hurney anyway and why he hired someone to help him search for a good GM candidate. Also explains why he agreed to pay so much money in re-signing key players for us. CLEARLY he doesn't give a poo.

You can argue he isn't a good owner (I'd still agree). But to claim he doesn't care is absurd. The only time he's done anything to suggest that was in 2010 and that was only because he was preparing for the lockout. He's a conservative businessman. But he clearly cares about the team.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot' timestamp='1353605741' post='2012099']
McCloughlan was a name I had early on but moved to the back burner because Yasinskas said they were looking for someone who'd never been a GM before.

Hard to know how seriously to take this given that he mentions DeCosta who doesn't seem like a realistic option at all.
[/quote]to be fair, he just said it was grapevine talk. i think interest in decosta is likely there and of course he'd be among those being talked about. that contract makes it most unlikely, but i think some of it would be does he want to create something like his mentor or does he want to just maintain what is handed to him?

easiest job would be baltimore, but the situation in carolina might be more interesting/challenging.

i'm not sure how comfortable i feel them limiting the search to only those who haven't done the job before, but i suppose it's better than only looking at ones who have done it before.

Posted · Report post

Carolina Giants

Posted · Report post

Assuming Richardson will not listen to Acorsi is just silly. He hired him to hire a GM.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PhillyB' timestamp='1353609309' post='2012161']
Carolina Giants
[/quote]

New Diego Panthers

Posted · Report post

[size=4]It doens't matter who y'all want as GM![/size]

[size=4]It will be who wants to work for Richardson, who is just a step up from working for Jerry Jones![/size]

Posted · Report post

DeCosta or Ross. Either are excellent choices and will move us in the right direction.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1353613652' post='2012218']
DeCosta or Ross. Either are excellent choices and will move us in the right direction.
[/quote]

DeCosta would be the dream scenario, Ross would be great. I just want a competent GM who can build a winning franchise and stomach the hard decisions. I have a gut feeling Hurney was as much a homer as most in this board, and though it took me til he got fired to realize this, a new direction is what this franchise needs. And BWood, I'd be down for a move to LA too (emoticon wink face).

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jayflip' timestamp='1353618878' post='2012254']

DeCosta would be the dream scenario, Ross would be great. I just want a competent GM who can build a winning franchise and stomach the hard decisions. I have a gut feeling Hurney was as much a homer as most in this board, and though it took me til he got fired to realize this, a new direction is what this franchise needs. And BWood, I'd be down for a move to LA too (emoticon wink face).
[/quote]

Dude it's gonna happen, and it will be the best day of my life. I will immediately create a new forum devoted to the Los Angeles panthers and it will be the greatest forum ever, you can be a mod.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1353619406' post='2012256']
Dude it's gonna happen, and it will be the best day of my life. I will immediately create a new forum devoted to the Los Angeles panthers and it will be the greatest forum ever, you can be a mod.
[/quote]

LOL, LAHuddle.com is already taken.

Posted · Report post

I would go to drastic measures for decosta.