• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#106 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

I think it's kind of ironic that AMERICAN liberals bitch about white privilege, and how fortunate you are to have been born white. Well how fortunate were you to have been born in America? (but they don't see it that way, they're perpetually unhappy)

#107 Cage

Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

I think it's kind of ironic that AMERICAN liberals bitch about white privilege, and how fortunate you are to have been born white. Well how fortunate were you to have been born in America? (but they don't see it that way, they're perpetually unhappy)

Your point makes 0 sense. Don't play that card with me; I am damn happy to be American and love my country. I proved that in the cauldron of war so try again please. You sound like a chicken-hawk. Not all "liberals" fit your view of being whiny, sissy bitches and not all liberals hate America. What point were you trying to make again?

#108 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Your point makes 0 sense. Don't play that card with me; I am damn happy to be American and love my country. I proved that in the cauldron of war so try again please. You sound like a chicken-hawk. Not all "liberals" fit your view of being whiny, sissy bitches and not all liberals hate America. What point were you trying to make again?

It wasn't intended for you, so have a nice hot cup of shutthefugup.

#109 Cage

Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

It wasn't intended for you, so have a nice hot cup of shutthefugup.

Haha, only after you take a long sip first. Chicken hawk. When did you serve? What have you done for this country that you say you love so much? What have you done to show your appreciation for being born in America?

#110 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

I served, and I agree with him. White guilt is destroying this country slowly but surely. And just because you served or didn't should not be a litmus for whether you love your country or not.

#111 Cage

Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

I served, and I agree with him. White guilt is destroying this country slowly but surely. And just because you served or didn't should not be a litmus for whether you love your country or not.

That wasn't my point; I wanted to point out how silly it was for him to question another person's love for this country when in the view of many people (myself included) he has done nothing to display his love for this country and is essentially in the same position as the people he is attempting to question.

White guilt is destroying this country slowly but surely....if by white guilt you mean being forced to treat minorities as people, not being able to say whatever you want to a black person (back in the day you could pretty much poo on a black person and they had to take it), blacks being treated as equal and not inferior, blacks being able to complain about discrimination.....then yeah white guilt is destroying this country.

Please explain to me how whites in America do not enjoy an extremely privileged experience as compared to minority groups? Please explain to me how "white guilt" has eroded the rights of the average everyday white man?

It is impossible to have an honest discussion about race because there are always people who deep down inside feel that blacks and other minorities are in fact inferior and that should be the end of the discussion.

#112 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,863 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

My Gosh, I have dodged this thread until today, and I know that disappoints most of you. I read the first page and jumped to this point. Not sure the finger pointing of the past will get us anywhere.

You go back and forth and solve nothing.

I am wondering who has the best vision for minorities going forward. I don't think Republicans do, and I sure don't think Dems do.

I think, that the minority community needs to step up and take their place at the table. Do not be beholding to anyone, nor let anyone speak for you. You do not need the representation of the last 50 years which has produced nothing.

I think there should be liberal and conservative blacks for instance and neither side demonize the other as sellouts. Are we to beleive that all races cannot think for themselves and come to different conclusions? Anyway, I think this is the way that respect will be earned, yes earned. If it is given, then some will see as illigitament. Once all minorities quit being spoken for, I think they will realize a whole new world and will no longer be seen as pawns by either side.

#113 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,471 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

white guilt is destroying this country?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

#114 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

Haha, only after you take a long sip first. Chicken hawk. When did you serve? What have you done for this country that you say you love so much? What have you done to show your appreciation for being born in America?

What the fug are you babbling about? I was talking about someone on here who constantly reminds all white people that everything they have is because of privilege. And I said that it was pretty ironic considering this same person has his education, his car, his clothes and his home through American privilege.

Who the hell said anything about military? PTSD is a bitch, man.

#115 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

That wasn't my point; I wanted to point out how silly it was for him to question another person's love for this country when in the view of many people (myself included) he has done nothing to display his love for this country and is essentially in the same position as the people he is attempting to question.

White guilt is destroying this country slowly but surely....if by white guilt you mean being forced to treat minorities as people, not being able to say whatever you want to a black person (back in the day you could pretty much poo on a black person and they had to take it), blacks being treated as equal and not inferior, blacks being able to complain about discrimination.....then yeah white guilt is destroying this country.

Please explain to me how whites in America do not enjoy an extremely privileged experience as compared to minority groups? Please explain to me how "white guilt" has eroded the rights of the average everyday white man?

It is impossible to have an honest discussion about race because there are always people who deep down inside feel that blacks and other minorities are in fact inferior and that should be the end of the discussion.

Perfect example of white guilt in your post. "Blacks being treated as equal and not inferior" What do you think affirmative action does?. It treats minorities as if they are too stupid to win a job on their own. That reeks of not treating them like equals. And what brought that about? Liberal white guilt trying to atone for past sins however many generations ago. And because I brought up a valid point, I will henceforth be labeled racist by certain posters on this board as a self defense mechanism.

#116 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,471 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

it must be nice to be able to categorically deny problems with racism and equality in society by simply flapping the 'white guilt' flag and using it as a rallying point for other white people who are proud to be white

also, of all the problems this country faces, of all the things that are actual issues to be concerned about, of all the stances a conservative could support as an issue to charge a constituency into action, of all these things, the number one thing boostownsme picks out as a the thing that's going to sink america is "white guilt."

holy god.

this, ladies and gentleman, is the ideological microcosm of your modern-day republican party.

#117 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Blah blah blah 50 cent word blah blah blah 50 cent word.

#118 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

Perfect example of white guilt in your post. "Blacks being treated as equal and not inferior" What do you think affirmative action does?. It treats minorities as if they are too stupid to win a job on their own.

llllllllllooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com