Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just totaled my car.

51 posts in this topic

Posted

Do not sign ANYTHING until you have all of the money from her Ins Co.

Dont cash any check the give you until you have it all. I had an adjuster give me a check "for my car" one time only for the Ins Co to claim that it was the total settlement and since I cashed it that was deemed as me accepting their final settlement.

Well....

His property damage

And

Bodily injury claim are seperate claims.

You can get treatments for months and months for injury. You still can resolve your property damage before settling the injury portion. Just have to be careful you don't sign anything releasing them of ALL damages.

Posted

Also totaled a car recently....glad to hear your okay....that's the most important thing

poo sucks

Posted

Continue to see a regular doctor.

Not a chiripoffpracticer if you want a good case.

Posted

Glad you're ok. They should set you up with a rental ASAP. Force them to pay for something comparable. Many insurance companies don't do that for rentals (I've seen it first hand. People pissed off because the company approved a Chevy Aveo when the customer had something the size of a Tahoe).

Posted

Well, as it turns out that stupid woman's insurance policy had canceled on November 15th. So I have to file it all through my own policy under my "uninsured motorist" coverage.

Posted

Not that you will or won't but can you sue her because of that?

Posted

I don't know, I'm going to talk to my lawyer on Monday. But I'm under the impression that my insurance company will come after her for the total and I don't think it will hurt my premium. It better fuging not or I will sue the poo out of her.

Posted

I didn't scan the whole thread, but did the police give her a ticket or was it deemed to be mutual fault?

Posted

you need a criopractor I think. My mom's studied medicla junk so I know

Posted

You fuged up. Should've laid motionless & took an ambulance ride. And never sign poo from the insurance co.

Posted

I didn't scan the whole thread, but did the police give her a ticket or was it deemed to be mutual fault?

You fuged up. Should've laid motionless & took an ambulance ride. And never sign poo from the insurance co.

I never signed anything.

And HP, it was her fault. If you had at least read the OP you would have seen that. But yeah, she got a ticket for failure to yield right of way.

Posted

Your insurance company will go after her. You need not get involved in all that. That's why you pay insurance...