Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone really want to coach in Carolina?

52 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Leeroy Jenkins PhD' timestamp='1354499831' post='2028265']
The term is intellectually disabled. As someone diagnosed with asperger's syndrome, I would figure this would be known
[/quote]

Ill be honest i didn't know this(I do have it though) ,whether i should have known this before posting I don't know, but my point is its the Internet if you can't handle that stuff then why are you here?? People need to lighten up.. I'm done with this discussion now, its pointless

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Gabeking' timestamp='1354499569' post='2028245']

Lmao ok whatever you say
[/quote]

The retard comment/photo is a complete punk move. Someone born with Downs Syndrome is not mental retard. Your posts in this thread are embarrassingly immature for big boy like you.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='fjblair' timestamp='1354509314' post='2028684']

The retard comment/photo is a complete punk move. Someone born with Downs Syndrome is not mental retard. Your posts in this thread are embarrassingly immature for big boy like you.
[/quote]

i was just trying to point out the stupidity in his post but of course you all take it the wrong way, I deleted it so no more crying from anyone.. My god

Posted · Report post

well if he actually has aspergers, not realizing ppl might take offense to something is pretty excusable

however there is nothing about gabekings posting or communicative methods that seems remotely aspergerish to me (and I've spent a fair amount of time around individuals diagnosed with it in varying degrees.)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PhillyB' timestamp='1354513226' post='2028778']
well if he actually has aspergers, not realizing ppl might take offense to something is pretty excusable

however there is nothing about gabekings posting or communicative methods that seems remotely aspergerish to me (and I've spent a fair amount of time around individuals diagnosed with it in varying degrees.)
[/quote]

You seriously think you can reach such a conclusion by how i communicate on a message board?! Seriously?? You don't know anything about me and I apologize i posted that pic and it had to get this far, didn't know that picture would make so many people get their panties in a bunch, this is a panthers forum, not a mental disabilities forum. Enough!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Gabeking' timestamp='1354514192' post='2028794']

You seriously think you can reach such a conclusion by how i communicate on a message board?! Seriously?? You don't know anything about me and I apologize i posted that pic and it had to get this far, didn't know that picture would make so many people get their panties in a bunch, this is a panthers forum, not a mental disabilities forum. Enough!
[/quote]

No offense intended

Posted · Report post

There will be a lot of coaches interested in the job. Coaches do not care nearly as much as some of the fans care about where the team is located or whatnot. If a coach is confident in his ability, the shapeup of the team right now matters little.

The only reason coaches would avoid a team is because either they don't want to be a HC or because their is turmoil in the front office with a controlling owner (Oakland for years, Cincinnati, Dallas).

Posted · Report post

I think just the opposite actually. I'd think we are an incredibly enticing franchise to coach. I think many good coaches watch our team and see the deficiencies we have and say "If I ran that team they'd be instant winners".

I don't think there is any way anyone could have known getting Rivera was going to come out the way it did. He says the right things, I actually think he's a pretty decent talent evaluator - he's replaced a lot of trash on this team with serviceable players, he just isn't quite cut out for the HC position. His game management is terrible, he's too afraid to demand his OC to change styles, and he can't keep players disciplined. I think he'd do great as a DC somewhere, as his resume showed... he's just not the total package we need, especially with as young a team we have.

Posted · Report post

A team like Miami got Philbin! We will be ok! A new GM that knows what he is doing will get the right pieces.

Posted · Report post

I would. So much potential.

I know how to run train with this squad on Madden B)

Posted · Report post

Sure, why not? We have quality in both defence and offence, and both have showed that they CAN make good plays. We just haven't been consistent enough. If we could fill in some gaps with the draft, and the new coaches can make both def and off more steady, I'm pretty sure we can be PO contendors next season.

Posted · Report post

I would say Cam is pretty attractive to a HC. ...and a GM.

People forget that winning is not all about the head coach. The whole organization must be well run, like a well oiled machine. The fact is that our we are not at this point, and thats why we got rid of hurney dispite the close relationship with JR. Hurney was the problem and everything below.him became one too. A "change in culture" does not start with the HC but the management. Thats why I choose to have hope because we truly have the opertunnity to turn things aroind for real this time.