Photo
- - - - -

Overlooked stat for Cam

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#11 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

I think a couple Smitty TDs in San Diego are a real possibilty.
Be great if Cam and Smitty could account for those 4 needed TDs just by themsleves the next 3 games.

#12 Gabeking

Gabeking

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

consider who it is you' re talking to.

I second that

#13 ReturnOfPFFL

ReturnOfPFFL

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

Take A.J. Green away, Andy is poo. Take Smith away, Cam is still producing.

Based on what evidence or logic? Cam's not produced with Smith this year. Even after his recent great games, he's still only got 16 passing touchdowns for the season. Andy's got 21, tied for 5th in the NFL as of right now.

Cam benefits just as much from having Steve Smith as any quarterback would from an elite receiver. Go break it down and see which QB got the most yards after catch- total and per attempt- from their receivers last year. Nevermind the fact Smith's got much more experience than AJ. Andy is just a better game manager and understands the basics. You can win games with him and make the playoffs. Cam's still yet to learn that.

Marvin's bringing Andy along the right away. He let him manage the game and will let him open up this year. He's got more passing yards, more passing touchdowns, etc this year. He had an 80.4 Passer rating last year. He's a 90.3 this year. He's improved since his rookie season. Cam's regressed up until about 2 games ago, but you can't reason with Cam homers who think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

#14 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

HUDDLER

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

Don't agree with the notion that cam has regressed, higher passer rating compared to last year now with no running game and a shaky o-line

#15 ReturnOfPFFL

ReturnOfPFFL

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

Don't agree with the notion that cam has regressed, higher passer rating compared to last year now with no running game and a shaky o-line

That was just in the past 3 games which he's put up huge numbers and helped bring it up. It doesn't wipe away how he's performed in the other 11 where he averaged close to 70 during that span. He played like poo. He's just now getting consistent, but there's no pressure anymore. It's almost a mirror image of how we ended last season. Beat 1 good team in the Texans and a string of terrible teams. This time he had a great game against Atlanta, but the others were against the Chiefs, Eagles and have the Chargers and Saints left....

I can't put any weight on that. The only thing I can take from this Chargers game is whether our locker room supports Rivera. If they bust their ass for him, they still like him and maybe a reason to stay. If they roll over in front of his old team...

#16 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:52 AM

Based on what evidence or logic?

Think about the stats you posted. Cam has 16 passing TDs. Smith has 2 receiving TDs. That's only 12.5% of the pie.

You brought up another point. Dalton is a game manager. Cam isn't.
In the redzone, Dalton passes. Cam runs through people. It's 6 points either way you look at it.

lol @ comparing passing TD numbers. Let's look at total touchdown accountability. Cam averages 2 a game for his career. 58 in 29 career games. How does Dalton look?

#17 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

That was just in the past 3 games which he's put up huge numbers and helped bring it up. It doesn't wipe away how he's performed in the other 11 where he averaged close to 70 during that span.

The games where we ran the read option as our base offense? Really? Now I see why the entire board laughs at you.

#18 ReturnOfPFFL

ReturnOfPFFL

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

The games where we ran the read option as our base offense? Really? Now I see why the entire board laughs at you.

Wait are you saying Cam fumbles the ball instead of extending the drive, or throws ducks in the ball in the ground in the endzone because we ran the spread option? He chokes late in the game because of the spread option? Interesting...

How come the spread option and read option plays work for RG3, Russel Wilson, Colin Kaepernick worked for Cam when he plays good? The dumbest argument I have ever heard on this board is that Cam's difficulties have come out of running a style of offense that are helping rookie QB's put up passer ratings of over 100 religiously in the NFL. That's why the entire board laughs. They have no fuging clue what they are talking about.

Keep thinking the fact we are playing terrible teams has nothing to do with his sudden improvement.

2011 De Ja Vu.

#19 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

The option isn't their base offense. Other teams use it situationally. Ever wonder why those teams are using it in the first place?

I'm not sure what a duck in the ball is, but I would advise you not to carry popcorn to the park.

#20 Vagrant

Vagrant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

Another overlooked stat for Cam is that he's 23 years old and 2 years younger than Andy Dalton and only 2 or 3 months older than Andrew Luck. In terms of experience, he is so far behind both of them that it's ridiculous to even compare the two. Cam played ONE SEASON of football at Auburn and one season at basically what was an extension of high school football at Blinn CC. How he comes directly into the NFL and starts breaking records is..... phenomenal to say the least. Guys like Dalton and Luck played 4 years in college with a few thousand more live snaps and defensive reads. Cam bounced from place to place and has played in literally FIVE different systems from high school, Florida, Blinn CC, Auburn, and now Carolina.

Think about that when you compare him to these polished, pristine, seasoned young quarterbacks he is being compared with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users