• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

We rush for something to blame, as long as it isn't the batshit crazy person who committed the crime.

What you are implying, Kurb, is that we believe this was a normal, well-adjusted human being. But then he picked up a GUN and it made him go BATSHIT CRAZY! Which literally no one is implying. The people blaming this kind of stuff on video games, however, ARE making that literal argument.

#32 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

What you are implying, Kurb, is that we believe this was a normal, well-adjusted human being. But then he picked up a GUN and it made him go BATSHIT CRAZY! Which literally no one is implying. The people blaming this kind of stuff on video games, however, ARE making that literal argument.

What I am implying is this guy was a nutjob and would have done this or worse no matter what.

#33 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,312 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

Mentally ill + desensitization to violence + guns are all factors

#34 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,312 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

What I am implying is this guy was a nutjob and would have done this or worse no matter what.

Like the guy in china...who killed no one?

He was nut job...thank god he didn't have nukes and M1 Tanks

#35 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

More gun registration-check
Assault weapon ban-check
No guns for felons-check
Liability insurance-check

Huge amounts of money for the law abiding citizen into the coffers of government and insurance companies.

Would not have prevented the tragedy from yesterday

CT with strict laws already, Gun owner was killed and her guns stolen. Shooter never registered a gun and never paid all the fees.

Here is where the rub will be. Take away everyones rights and confiscate tons more money from the ones who will never be guilty of the crime

#36 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

Like the guy in china...who killed no one?

He was nut job...thank god he didn't have nukes and M1 Tanks

Or he could have stolen a propane truck rammed it into the school and lit a road flare.

I know a good bit of me and you going back and forth is in good fun, but do you really think I am so deranged ?

#37 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

I have mentioned before about the possibility of the compromise on gun issues. No gun owner wants to see what happened yesterday and nobody wants to give up their protection. If there was not a threat to remove guns and the left asked the gun lobby to come up with acceptable options, I bet there would be a lot of good ideas.

I think age restrctions are a good place to start. Not many 20 year olds have vast property/homes that need protections. There could be levels of firearms that everyone could get freely, then after a certain age, other firearms could be acquired. Obviously, the felon laws and others would already be in place. Maybe this would limite the 20-25 yr old white male nut job from mass killing if they crack.

This still would not protect you if the owner was killed for their firearms.

#38 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,312 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

I never said or insinuated that.

He was a sociopath. That + culture that worships violence + guns = what we saw

Guns were a factor. No?

If you don't think they were a factor then you are in some sort of denial.

#39 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,758 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

just stop and stfu

#40 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,312 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

just stop and stfu

fug you too

#41 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,312 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

I think it's hard for many to wrap their heads around this event bc we are not sociopaths. Some pray quietly, some lash out, some want to know why it happened, and some want to rush to conclusions,and all of us never want this to happen again.

Don't tell others how to react to this horrific tragedy.

#42 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

I love how everyone says they're responsible gun owners but the second someone suggests putting things in place to make them legally and financially responsible, it's always "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Let's think about what we're saying."

The constitution protects a "Well regulated militia". I'm not real sure what's well regulated with what we have now.

#43 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Delhommy, "I don't like this so we should tax it to death"

#44 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

You got me. I hate mass murders. Close the Tinderbox, I finally admitted it.

#45 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,978 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

cue the Mayan conspiracy music but I'm alot more in the frame of mind as Del on this. making things more of a hit monetarily/tax/regulate etc can be a great tool to offsetting future bad crimes.

I have had this stance for sometimes on guns.

*full disclosure-never owned a gun and never will

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com