• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

Why cant he just rotate in? He isnt more than that right now. I dont know why youre counting on it. Just because Hardy became successful this year doesnt mean FA will too. I like him and I like his intincts but damn dude, this is the NFL, not everyone can improve like that.

#17 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

Move him inside on obvious pass catching downs and bring Alexander in. That's what the giants would do :)

#18 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

The future progression of Frank Alexander is going to force him inside anyways, which isn't a bad thing. He played half his snaps inside last week anyways.

No, you just rotate them. Hardy to the inside on passing downs with Alexander at DE.

#19 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,413 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

"Mike Tolbert must have had payback on his mind returning to face his former team, because he ran as hard as he had all year. Rob Chudzinski dialed up Tolbert’s number nine times, the most he had all season, and the 245 pounder did not disappoint. His 45 snaps, 40 yards and two touchdowns were all season highs, and his 24 receiving yards gave him his season high for total yards as well. Since Jonathan Stewart went down, Tolbert has amassed a total grade of +5.8 in 3 weeks as the fifth-year back is warranting his increased playing time."

Good to hear. Just don't know what we are going to do with this logjam at RB...

use them/ rotate them. keep them fresh. pummel them to death. make them respect our RBs and QB in their running and let them always wonder who is going to get the ball and what way it's going to go and if this time will be one of those moments that instead of running the ball it's play action or a bubble screen or another one of those triple option gizmos.

#20 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,413 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Move him inside on obvious pass catching downs and bring Alexander in. That's what the giants would do :)

No, you just rotate them. Hardy to the inside on passing downs with Alexander at DE.

keep them fresh and fearsome.

or put all three on the line and watch the QB brace himself for a reaming.

#21 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,661 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

I've said this before, and I'll say it agains. Hardy is our future pro bowl 3 technique DT, while FA holds down the RDE position.

I'll give you one reason why he won't be our permanent 3 technique DT .

money.

He can and will get more money as a pass rushing defensive end.

Not saying he won't continue to play from both spots.

#22 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

oh god who's suggesting we move hardy to DT full time.

the best thing to do is keep doing what we're doing with him. when alexander develops, put the three of them on the line in pass rush situations and watch our defense's percentage of third down conversions allowed plummet like a lead rake

#23 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,413 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

oh god who's suggesting we move hardy to DT full time.

the best thing to do is keep doing what we're doing with him. when alexander develops, put the three of them on the line in pass rush situations and watch our defense's percentage of third down conversions allowed plummet like a lead rake

winner

#24 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

as an aside, i absolutely love what greg hardy has become. the whole john randle face paint thing adds a little flavor to the intensity he brings to the line for good measure

#25 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,413 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

as an aside, i absolutely love what greg hardy has become. the whole john randle face paint thing adds a little flavor to the intensity he brings to the line for good measure

agreed and i admit to being a huge fan of the contacts. it's campy as anything, but i love it.

i love the rants. the whole package is great for the team, imo. brings a whole interesting element to a team that has been largely devoid of character for years in an interest to be nice and pleasant.

#26 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

I'm not suggesting it, I just won't be surprised if it ever happens, but I agree with PanthersClaw, money will keep it from happening.

#27 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

Julius who? I remember last year when hardy was on the ground a lot but this year he has gotten bigger and hasn't compromised his speed.

#28 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

Damn I'm glad we didn't pay Peppers 100 million to mail it in for a few more seasons... UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!

#29 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,501 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:03 AM

dare we say this line is shaping up to be as good as the line with Buckner/Rucker/Peppers?

Until we get a DT that's at least borderline dominant, I don't think we can compare them. If we somehow get Star this year I think that line will give the Peppers/Rucker/Jenkins line a run for their money.

Hardy is fast approaching Beason as my favorite defensive Panther though. Love his attitude. He's the closest thing we have to a Smitty on the defense (Norman has potential to fill that role, but he's got a ways to go).

#30 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

It's crazy we wound up with one of the best 4-3 pass rushing duos for only 3rd and 6th round picks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com