Photo
- - - - -

If Rivera is fired, who is the new coach?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#37 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

At this point. I want Rivera to have one more year. People are spoiled, mainly our fan base. Because John Fox had early success, we expect the next guy to do the same. The bar was set too damn high and patience has been thrown out the window.

#38 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

I woud prefer Rivera over any of those guys.

yeah Rivera's resume is better then all those options, if we are going to fire Rivera I want a clear upgrade and not another coordinator at this point we would be better off keeping Rivera one more year then highering any of them

#39 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Chip Kelly

#40 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Jon Gruden had seven years of pro coaching experience before he got the Raiders job, including three as an Offensive Coordinator. Kelly has no NFL experience at all.

I hear what you're saying though, but I've heard it before. They said it about Spurrier too. Here's a few other names--Mike Riley, Lou Holtz, Nick Saban, Butch Davis, Bobby Petrino,

Kelly will get hyped, and get a job, and look really really bad. He can't even win the NCAA championship, how is he supposed to win in the NFL?

Blame cam for him not winning the BCS.

#41 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

My prediction: some Huddlers will love him, some will hate him, no one will have a clue about him until at least week 8

Did McClain make the pro bowl?

#42 methodtoll

methodtoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Wait, you would rather have McCoy over Fewell? The same guy who made his QBs throw balls through tires. Also, it doesn't hurt to have a future HOF QB as your QB. Manning makes any coordinator look good.

My choice would be Mike Sullivan

#43 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

It'll be John Edward channeling Bear Bryant. He will lead the Panthers to 18-0 only to bench Cam just before the SB & when he's asked why he will say "War damn eagle" while eating a burger made from Tiger the eagle. As the Panthers lose 34-0, he will run out to midfield, drop trou, & wiggle his dick vaguely in Cam's direction yelling "Go Bama! Roll Tide!!!"

#44 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

Why the Mike McCoy hate? Clearly a talented coach. If you gotta go coordinator, I'd be fine with him.

#45 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Wait, you would rather have McCoy over Fewell? The same guy who made his QBs throw balls through tires. Also, it doesn't hurt to have a future HOF QB as your QB. Manning makes any coordinator look good.

My choice would be Mike Sullivan

He was here with delhomme and with The Golden Calf of Bristol. He isn't just getting a look because of this season.

#46 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

There is nobody else I would rather have than Chip. If you build it, he will come.

#47 Catalyst

Catalyst

HUDDLER

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

On the DC/OC issue, I read something on PFT the other day that sums up my feeling on this issue. They basically said that defensive-minded coaches are, at their core, problem solvers while offensive coaches are problem creators. I agree with that and feel like a defensive coach is the best way to go.