Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ivan The Awesome

What is a more pressing 'need' O line help or D line help?

21 posts in this topic

You dont usually draft a guard high but i think im gonna make an exception for this guy Chance Warmack. He is that good, and would clearly be best player where we are picking. From what i am noticing he is real high on other teams lists too.

Offensive is by far the biggest need for this team. We could potentially need 2-3 new starters there next season and just better talent over all. Getting a stud DT would make our line insanely good but it isn't as big of a need.

Order of needs

1. Offensive Line- need a new tackle and probably a new gaurd

2. Secondary- Josh Thomas has looked awesome and should be a lock for a starter next season. Dockery has looked decent as well. Josh Norman has a ways to go. Gamble, and Munnerlyn may not be with the team next season. Getting a 1-2 round type CB would help our secondary tremendously. I like what I have seen from DJ Campbell. He seems to be very solid in coverage and is a hard hitter who always makes the one-on-one tackle. Another safety wouldn't hurt but Godfrey and Campbell may not be too bad.

3. WR- We have to give Cam another top target to get the ball to. I love having a receiving TE but I hate our #2 WR being a TE. I just don't see LaFell as more than a #3 WR. A very good #3 though.

4. DT- If we can get a big dude that is quick off the ball, can sack the QB and be a run stuffer, we'd have an elite defense and one of the best front 7s in the NFL.

nice post and I agree

the only thing is that I'd've switched 2 & 3.

I just think another WR is a huge need for us.

Otherwise, OL is definitely the top need. Even if we lose Ron, I think our DL is actually fine. We have times where we play the Kraken and even Alexander inside. Kearse has also been a nice addition. Add this with CJ, Kraken, & D'wan and I don't think it's as pressing as the offensive line which is a lot worse off than people even have let on in this thread. Considering our rotations, I think we are fine for the time being unless we have a shot at Star.

RG is a big need (but one we don't waste a 1st rounder on), plus LT and I'm really not a fan of Bell. He's the type of player I think Rivera envisions could be good but really just isn't and a new staff would let go. Add this with Kalil coming off an injury, Silatulu's idunno year and then a regressing Gross and we have issues.

1 person likes this

DL. Kalil coming back will make most of the OL issues fall into place. I don't think R. Edwards will be back, and even if he is we could use an upgrade anyway. One DT makes a lot more difference to the success of a unit than one G, hence the big difference in their pay ranges.

This is true, but it goes the same way on offense too, having a stud guard will help strengthen the passing game and running game. We are paying 2 RBs massive contracts and i barely getting anything out of them, the run game has been pretty much non existent on this team for the past 2 years. Most of the time on pass plays when Cam gets hit its by someone coming right up the middle and blowing by the guards.I just think a stud G will have as just as much impact as a DT.

OL is a bigger need than DL. With that said, we might be drafting in a position where getting a DT over Warmack would make sense in the first round. Our selection of him very early might be a reach, all things considered.

D-line, both Edwards boys are in there 30's. We need a big man in the middle to push the pocket.

The number 1 need in this draft is oline without question. Dline is way down the list IMO.

OL, WR, S, TE, DL, CB. In that order.

When evaluating our 3-tech DT play, please note that there probably isn't another team that has gotten better stats out of that position than we have with Dwan and Greg.

O-line help...but before that I really hope we go WR first. Cam needs a tall receiver and a reliable red zone target. We've been putting off getting a #1 WR for some time.

O-line help...but before that I really hope we go WR first. Cam needs a tall receiver and a reliable red zone target. We've been putting off getting a #1 WR for some time.

Couldn't agree more. FA is an option too if we go elsewhere in the draft.