Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NFL Coaching / GM News

1,026 posts in this topic

Posted

Question

Let's say you had too choose between these two options, which would you choose.

Ross or other GM with McCoy as HC or keeping Beane and Rivera?

Death by hunga bunga.

Posted

Death by hunga bunga.

LOL

What IF and I know this is a freaking huge what if. What if McCoy was Ross' guy. Your getting a good Offensive mind (Don't care what anyone on here thinks, the man knows offense. Just ask Peyton and The Golden Calf of Bristol.) and a supposedly damn good GM with strong talent evaluating skills.

Posted

LOL

What IF and I know this is a freaking huge what if. What if McCoy was Ross' guy. Your getting a good Offensive mind (Don't care what anyone on here thinks, the man knows offense. Just ask Peyton and The Golden Calf of Bristol.) and a supposedly damn good GM with strong talent evaluating skills.

I'm honestly just not that big a believer in McCoy.

Posted

Can't wait till McCoy proves all the doubters wrong ;)

Posted

Many people are saying the longer this continues the safer Rivera is...Im thinking the opposite

I have felt like this for a while. If you are going to keep somebody just come out and say you are going to keep them. It's not fair to leave them out there twisting in the wind or in limbo.

Posted

A little bit of tracking...

Five teams fired their GMs on Monday. Scott Pioli's ouster today makes it six.

Of those teams...

Three (Browns, Chargers, Cardinals) fired their head coach along with the GM.

One (Chiefs) waited until they got a new head coach, then fired the GM.

Of the remaining two, one is definitely keeping their coach (Jets) and the other is expected to (Jaguars).

The Panthers? Outcome still unknown.

Posted

Are the Jags expected to keep their coach? Saw on Twitter Jags assistants have been allowed to speak to other teams about jobs

Posted

A little bit of tracking...

Five teams fired their GMs on Monday. Scott Pioli's ouster today makes it six.

Of those teams...

Three (Browns, Chargers, Cardinals) fired their head coach along with the GM.

One (Chiefs) waited until they got a new head coach, then fired the GM.

Of the remaining two, one is definitely keeping their coach (Jets) and the other is expected to (Jaguars).

The Panthers? Outcome still unknown.

If Caldwell is the choice and it's looking Likely that he will be, then the Jaguars will have a new HC and it would be Greg Roman. Caldwell is in a good spot in Atlanta for the time being and it looks like he doesn't want to be a GM with out his own guy. Greg Roman is supposed to be that guy.

Posted

Are the Jags expected to keep their coach? Saw on Twitter Jags assistants have been allowed to speak to other teams about jobs

Correct. That is a very strong indication Mularkey is done in Jax.

Posted

I think they are real close on signing Caldwell to be the new GM, he wants his own HC that he picked. It's likely that he'll pick Greg Roman - Current OC of the 49ers.

Posted

Lotta conflicting info coming out of Jacksonville, honestly.

General speculation has been that he stays, but I think ultimately the new GM makes the decision.