• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#61 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

If Rivera stays because of Rivera it looks to me JR was in fact on board with 'Hurney's hire' as coach.

Or he could be more on board with the idea of not eating the rest of his contract...

#62 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Or he could be more on board with the idea of not eating the rest of his contract...

+1

I wonder if we'll need to fire the new GM mid season again to spark another run.

#63 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

We should fire him after week 2 to guarantee a playoff run!

#64 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

Let's all hope Mr. Szoke is spot on outside of one little thing. i would like the draft/FA order to be LT-DT-CB-WR

#65 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

which was why fox wasn't fired when he should have been. JR didn't want to pay for two coaching staffs.

#66 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Let's all hope Mr. Szoke is spot on outside of one little thing. i would like the draft/FA order to be LT-DT-CB-WR

It wasn't his order just positions of need. He placed no weight on one over the other. Sorry I should have mentioned that.

#67 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

because some GM or new HC might just want "his guy" that he can groom/build around. just trying to control more of the situation and growth.

I just feel like Cam is the type of stud you dont find but once every 25 or 30 years and its asinine for anyone to ignore that

#68 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

I just feel like Cam is the type of stud you dont find but once every 25 or 30 years and its asinine for anyone to ignore that

i don't disagree with that. i can just see someone doing it for that reason.

#69 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,969 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

If LT and corner are 2 of our biggest needs it could mean we are looking to cut Gross. It could mean we cut Gamble or are referring to the number 2 corner. Wide receiver suggests we are serious about finding a replacement for Smith for down the road.

I doesn't surprise me that Rivera could be kept. A 4 game win streak even in" meaningless games" is a big deal especially when they include Atlanta (who Richardson reportedly doesn't like) and New Orleans in the dome. Division rivals are a big deal.

I don't think we're looking to cut Gross, I think it's just an acknowledgement that Gross is getting old and we need to start thinking about who takes over @ LT when Gross is done. If you start looking for an LT when you need one, it's already too late.

I could see us releasing Gamble, he's old and expensive and we survived without him. Gamble is talented, but I've always thought he has a bit of an attitude problem... there are games when he's clearly not feeling it.

#70 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,512 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

I don't think we're looking to cut Gross, I think it's just an acknowledgement that Gross is getting old and we need to start thinking about who takes over @ LT when Gross is done. If you start looking for an LT when you need one, it's already too late.

I could see us releasing Gamble, he's old and expensive and we survived without him. Gamble is talented, but I've always thought he has a bit of an attitude problem... there are games when he's clearly not feeling it.

Gross is going to be 33 this July and has not played that well this year. With almost a 12 million salary cap who we could dump to save almost 10 million this year, it becomes pretty attractive to look elsewhere.

#71 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,969 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

I'd honestly rather fill our need at DT through FA... DT's are so totally hit and miss in the draft and it takes a few years to develop them unless it's a truly special talent.

#72 SevenSixes

SevenSixes

Born a moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

On the Coach:

As I just said He believes Rivera will have one more year since the team was trending up at the end of the season per JR's request. Also he believes that Rivera will have success clauses for next year. Baisically Playoffs or bust. Then the new GM will have the right to hire anyone that he chooses.

This is probably my "worst scenario". A cap crippled team with a middling coach (who even Jay Cutler can out coach) in a "must win" situation from the owner. I now look forward to a new coaching staff in 2014 and perhaps we might get good enough to be a wildcard in 2015 just prior to Cam's contract being up..

!Genius!

#73 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,570 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Great job L-Town. BTW, I speak with Jim now and then, and he is one of the "Good Guys". Knows a helluva lot about this franchise. I last spoke to him about the Los Angeles rumour awhile back. He said basically that this team is a/will be a PERMANENT fixture in the Carolinas. (Think Cape Hatteras Light House or The Gaffney Peach)

It's always nice the hear this.

#74 MrPickles

MrPickles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Me too but getting a top flight safety somewhere in there sure would be nice. Not running out of holes to fill on this team.

#75 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

In a perfect world, we'd land a good (or 2) DTs and WR via free agency

Draft the BPA at either DB or OL then pick the other positition in the 2nd

We for sure wont be able to fill all out holes this off season

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.