darin gantt "Panthers keep finding scapegoats, bigger problem remains"

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#61 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,356 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Also, how do we firing the LB/WR coach is a bad thing?

We saw what he did at LB with little talent.....they were horrible at LB in 2011. Just bc Luke is a superstar and Davis (who physically may be the most gifted was back) were good doesn't mean we suddenly had a good position coach.

Every WR brought in has been poo.

#62 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,198 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Proehl for receiver coach.

#63 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Williams, Beason, Gamble.....and possibly another LB.

Fans will be outraged bc they don't see how it helps. Hurney screwed us for seasonS. We have to be more worried about being in good shape for 2014 and 2015 than 2013 IMO.

Anderson gone before Beason

#64 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

He's right.

Remember when I made that very popular "possible HC candidates to replace Rivera" thread a few months ago?

It was either the Falcons or Bears loss - and you said "fug this thread" and locked it???

Changed your tune a little since then, eh? It's cool because so have I and certainly am in favor of giving him another season. I didn't think he would make it through the season when I posted that.

#65 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,356 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Anderson gone before Beason

Anderson isn't coming off 2 seasons of IR....with a huge contract. If Beason won't restructure then he easily could be gone with the big picture being looked at (a GM who didn't hire Rivera looking ahead to 2014 and 2015). A Beason restructure is also a risk bc it puts you in a position to handicap this team if he never comes back...

#66 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,514 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Cutting Anderson would be slightly silly, he doesn't save the team any money really and hasn't missed a season. He's also very productive and plays the SLB well.

#67 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,356 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Cutting Anderson would be slightly silly, he doesn't save the team any money really and hasn't missed a season. He's also very productive and plays the SLB well.

He is an example of what is wrong though....

Overpaid. We are going to have to take small steps....guys who don't save us much in 2013 will have to start going

#68 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

I respect your opinion... I didn't like the releasing of any of the position coaches I feel if any position coach needs to be fired it should be the O-Line. I especially don't like that we won't look at Jim Skipper for our RB coach, Double Trouble ran their best while he was here smh....

lol. Who was our o line when d t ran their best? Who was their lead blocker at fb? Have we replaced or upgraded any of those guys?

#69 ickmule

ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Who realty cares what DG had to say? It's just another opinion. We all know about opinions.

#70 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

It was a good article and nice change of pace from the fluff pieces endorsing keeping Rivera over at the observer.

#71 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,514 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Cap hit of 4.4 next season, base of 3.9 million. Cutting him would cost 4.2 million. Saves the Panther's 200k on next season with no one really to play the SLB spot as effectively. Better to play him next season, then cut him in 2014 were he saves the team 2.6 million on the year.

#72 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,060 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

This is after Rivera fired his defensive backs coach (Ron Meeks) after his first season, his special teams coach (Brian Murphy) midseason this year, and stood by while the guy who hired him (former general manager Marty Hurney) was fired.

What was he supposed to do? "Wait...fire me too."

This is the reasoning of a bitter, desperate man. Sorry, Gantt, but get over it already.

#73 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,669 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Also, how do we firing the LB/WR coach is a bad thing?

We saw what he did at LB with little talent.....they were horrible at LB in 2011. Just bc Luke is a superstar and Davis (who physically may be the most gifted was back) were good doesn't mean we suddenly had a good position coach.

Every WR brought in has been poo.

Excuse me, but what? If that isn't a contradictory statement then I dont know what is

And WR's sucking, I don't know.... MAYBE DRAFT OR BRING SOME HIGH TALENT IN

#74 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,356 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

Excuse me, but what? If that isn't a contradictory statement then I dont know what is

And WR's sucking, I don't know.... MAYBE DRAFT OR BRING SOME HIGH TALENT IN

It means super talent being good isn't a clear sign of good coaching....you see that more when talent is down IMO. Luke was such an easy pick I could call it and Davis IMO is the most physically gifted LB in Carolina. Them playing well doesn't mean we had great coaching at LB. for example, we IMO had great coaching in the secondary show this year. talent was down and the most was gotten out of the secondary.....but how do our LBs look when talent was down in 2011

I am just saying, maybe those coaches weren't great. I don't think Rivera thinks if he fires so bottom tier coaches people are going to really think they were the issue we lost in 2012.

#75 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

i get the feeling that gantt spends very little time considering the possibility that he doesn't have his finger on the Panthers' pulse, like he used to. i think there is a decent chance that belin just wasn't working out with some of the players, or the team had higher expectations from the position, or perhaps rivera has someone in mind to put in belin's place.

i would be interested to hear about rivera's (and the future management's) expectations out of next summer's training camp, and the role of the coaches in belin's place. rivera stressed "teaching" and "development" his first two training camps, so maybe he wants to shift gears?

all that said, i was surprised to hear that belin's gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com