#31 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

I would take Foster and Davis duo over DW and Stewart everyday of the week and twice on Sunday!

Why?

#32 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

I said Chud was a big reason, not the only reason. If the offence had been able to execute better in the first half of the season we would have made the playoffs.

Once we got rid of Chud's ridiculous college play calling the team picked up. Surely you were as frustrated as everyone else when you saw the offence run yet another option play that was stopped for a loss. A poor offensive gameplan for the first half of the season if the main reason we had a losing record.

I disagree.

We were winning 6 of those games going into the 4th quarter. The offense did their job. The other factors I mentioned are why we lost those leads.

#33 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

are you just fugging with me?

no really he made DA a pro bowler, did you not know this? So yeah keep believing its all Cam.

I'm not saying Cam had nothing to do with it but Chud schemed to offense to Cams strengths and did an excellent job of doing that

#34 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Why?

Eh....I'll retract the statement a little.

I would take vintage Stephen Davis over all 3 RBs.

#35 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

no really he made DA a pro bowler, did you not know this? So yeah keep believing its all Cam.

I'm not saying Cam had nothing to do with it but Chud schemed to offense to Cams strengths and did an excellent job of doing that

Yep.

#36 Second_Solution

Second_Solution

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

I disagree.

We were winning 6 of those games going into the 4th quarter. The offense did their job. The other factors I mentioned are why we lost those leads.

I agree that the other factors played their part, but had the offence been more efficient the other factors wouldn't have been has pivotal. You could also argue that the defence, not the offence, did their job and that was why we were in the lead going into the fourth.

#37 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

I agree that the other factors played their part, but had the offence been more efficient the other factors wouldn't have been has pivotal. You could also argue that the defence, not the offence, did their job and that was why we were in the lead going into the fourth.

Subscribe to NFL Rewind.

You will see the defense get burned on the same plays several times in the 4th quarter. Tampa and Chicago called the same plays OVER and OVER and came back from double digit deficits to win. Then you got Teflon Ron calling time outs at the wrong times and never knowing when to go for it on 4th, kick a FG or punt....it was a combo of poor defense execution and Teflon Ron not knowing how to close out.

#38 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Are you trying to tell me that we don't have the best trio of RBs in the league? And we do have this QB named Cam Newton. Let's not forget Greg Olsen, LaFell and Murphy (for what their worth). I can easily argue that this team is more talented on offense (even though we are sans Muhammad). We just have to put these fine tools into the right hands.

Was it so-called "Henning ball" or Foxball that was the real thorn in our side?

Oddly enough my brother and I refer to Murphy as The Worthless One

#39 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Funny part is when they say he is learning the system.....doesn't explain not being able to catch the ball when it hits your hands.

#40 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

Funny part is when they say he is learning the system.....doesn't explain not being able to catch the ball when it hits your hands.

Well we did get him from Oakland. It is possible that catching the ball is not part of their system.

#41 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,696 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

***top dawg grinning***

May be a little bit harsh. He had good and bad moments. Probably not consistent enough to be a WR2, but he and Cam do have history. In light of how our offensive talent was used (or misused, as it were) during the first part of the season, I want to give any receiver not named Smitty or Olsen a pass for being lost within Chud's whirlpool of wizardry---much like the RBs---along with Newton's resulting tunnel vision and loss of direction, but it's painfully obvious that we need an immediate upgrade at WR.

#42 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

***top dawg grinning***

May be a little bit harsh. He had good and bad moments. Probably not consistent enough to be a WR2, but he and Cam do have history. In light of how our offensive talent was used (or misused, as it were) during the first part of the season, I want to give any receiver not named Smitty or Olsen a pass for being lost within Chud's whirlpool of wizardry---much like the RBs---along with Newton's resulting tunnel vision and loss of direction, but it's painfully obvious that we need an immediate upgrade at WR.

Yes we do. Hopefully Gettleman has some Cruz-like pick-ups in his near future.

#43 Second_Solution

Second_Solution

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Subscribe to NFL Rewind.

You will see the defense get burned on the same plays several times in the 4th quarter. Tampa and Chicago called the same plays OVER and OVER and came back from double digit deficits to win. Then you got Teflon Ron calling time outs at the wrong times and never knowing when to go for it on 4th, kick a FG or punt....it was a combo of poor defense execution and Teflon Ron not knowing how to close out.

Once again I'm not disagreeing that those things played their part. The Chicago game in particular was a disgrace defensively in the 4th. However you have to admit, that the offence was inept for the first 8 weeks and was part of us starting 1-6.

Not to mention in those first 7 games, we didn't score over 20 points in 4 of them. I would like to know our offensive rank at that point in the season.

#44 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

Once again I'm not disagreeing that those things played their part. The Chicago game in particular was a disgrace defensively in the 4th. However you have to admit, that the offence was inept for the first 8 weeks and was part of us starting 1-6.

Not to mention in those first 7 games, we didn't score over 20 points in 4 of them. I would like to know our offensive rank at that point in the season.

20 points should be enough to win a game especially if you are leading.

#45 Second_Solution

Second_Solution

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

In today's nfl, scoring below 20 points won't win games unless you have a top 10 defence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.