Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Coaching Connections (OC Options)

59 posts in this topic

FYI: Kevin Acee of the San Diego Tribune said on his Twitter that he does expect Norv Turner to join Chudzinski, but that Norv is actually vacationing in Hawaii right now.

Watch this:

Norv Turner is confirmed as going to the Carolina Panthers to be their new masot.
There ya have it, breaking news!

Saying something is confirmed doesn't mean anything if you're not someone with the authority to do so. Some radio guy in Cleveland probably has a little better idea than I do, but he could just as easily be running with the idea and hoping it pans out. I'll wait til someone in the Browns organization "confirms" it before I give up hope on Norv.

And on the actual topic, I'd probably prefer Saunders of the other candidates, but I don't think we have to be limited to only people who run a strict Coryell or have some connection with Rivera. Hopefully they go out and get the best OC they can that doesn't run a system that Cam can't thrive in. I don't think Cam is limited to a Coryell. I think Whisenhunt would be my #1 choice.

I believe we were running the Coryell Option by rid more than the spread since we rarely did the hurry up. I want to go back to smash mouth offense to tire out the defense mixed with a wco once we have a mo Ile qb and running backs that can catch the ball in space. Shula might be the best man for the job.

I think it would serve Rivera well to get an ex head coach, but I share Scots feeling that it will be Ramsdell.

I like all of those candidates. Im just happy we have a competent GM to pick the right guy.

I think Rivera would prefer someone who he has worked with in the past so NTurner and Ramsdall fit that criteria.

I like all of those candidates. Im just happy we have a competent GM to pick the right guy.

GM's hire the HC.

HC usually has the ultimate say in their staff.

Gettleman will surely have input....but he is NOT making the decision.

GM's hire the HC.

HC usually has the ultimate say in their staff.

Gettleman will surely have input....but he is NOT making the decision.

Normally the case.

But given Rivera's short leash and long list of asst coach firings... .not so sure in this case.

i dont trust rivera with this decision.

1 person likes this

Normally the case.

But given Rivera's short leash and long list of asst coach firings... .not so sure in this case.

Very legitimate possibility.

Will be interewting for sure to see which way we go here.

Whisenhunt's a Steelers guy. They run Erhardt-Perkins. It's an offshoot of Coryell but not quite the same system.

well...

I mean, WCO and Coryell have some similar roots but E-P is just an amalgamation of older offenses.

Great list, thanks.