Photo
- - - - -

Person: Jackson, Shurmer, Shula finalists for OC job

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
141 replies to this topic

#25 coralreefer_1

coralreefer_1

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

He's been good everywhere he's gone and runs a Coryell type system.

He and Rivera worked together for five years in Philadelphia.

I understand that good things have happened around him...but the fact that he hasnt been able to stay at really any position for very long concerns me. I can understand leaving a job after a year or two for an upgrade...but not all of these changes were upgrades/promotions. I mean if another team (Bengals) after all the good things that happened around him only saw value as an ASSISTANT (not a coach..just assistant) to Special Teams last year...how can we make the jump to OC.

I trust people here who digest NFL stats and news much more and are much more well informed than myself have a better take on Jackson . I guess I'm just a bit surprised.

#26 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

still on the hue jackson train personally. i love that he's coached running backs, wide receivers, and quarterbacks as a position coach with an incredible level of success along with his offensive coordinating.

#27 MrBubba

MrBubba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Not sure why they aren't making run at Whisenhunt. Denver has a hired an OC. He isn't getting a Head job now; unless he is going lovie smith route and taking his ball and going home; Gettleman should be calling him up.

#28 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

Should be Jackson hands down. He has a great resume only bad year he had was at Atlanta and Petrino debacle.

#29 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

How hard would you laugh if a report of Whisenhunt being asked to interview came out after it was reported that we were "down to three finalists"?

I'd fall out of the chair I'm sitting in

#30 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Not sure why they aren't making run at Whisenhunt. Denver has a hired an OC. He isn't getting a Head job now; unless he is going lovie smith route and taking his ball and going home; Gettleman should be calling him up.

I would have said "wrong system", but we interviewed Shurmur whose system is even "wronger" :unsure:

#31 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

The smallest possibility of Shurmur or Shula being hired is simply depressing to think about.

#32 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Once again, no Whisenhunt?

#33 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

Why would anyone want Whisenhunt?

#34 MDPanthersFan

MDPanthersFan

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

How hard would you laugh if a report of Whisenhunt being asked to interview came out after it was reported that we were "down to three finalists"?

I can't see how or why they wouldn't ask for an interview with Whisenhunt, especially with all the HC position now filled (except who just fired him)? He is now forced to be an OC somewhere, so why wouldn't he want a team that has a QB? Denver is out as they promoted within... is there another team, with a better QB, who needs an OC? Don't think so... Carolina should be the optimum spot for anyone looking to be an OC... jmo

Because he took a team/organization to within a play or two away from being Champions within a year or so of being their head coach... and did it with someone who was considered washed up and ready to retire (Kurt Warner)... he also was a big part of the offensive system that Big Ben had so much success with...

#35 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Well, for starters, he took his team to the Super Bowl shortly after embarrassing us. Now, let's compare that to say Shula, or Shurmur...

I would prefer Whis to Jackson, but like both miles better than either of the "S" candidates.

#36 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

Blazing Trails Thru the NFC South

HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

At least bring in Whiz for a look see. Rivera needs an experienced word in hiz headset.