#31 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,954 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

The smallest possibility of Shurmur or Shula being hired is simply depressing to think about.

#32 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Once again, no Whisenhunt?

#33 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,820 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

Why would anyone want Whisenhunt?

#34 MDPanthersFan

MDPanthersFan

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

How hard would you laugh if a report of Whisenhunt being asked to interview came out after it was reported that we were "down to three finalists"?

I can't see how or why they wouldn't ask for an interview with Whisenhunt, especially with all the HC position now filled (except who just fired him)? He is now forced to be an OC somewhere, so why wouldn't he want a team that has a QB? Denver is out as they promoted within... is there another team, with a better QB, who needs an OC? Don't think so... Carolina should be the optimum spot for anyone looking to be an OC... jmo

Because he took a team/organization to within a play or two away from being Champions within a year or so of being their head coach... and did it with someone who was considered washed up and ready to retire (Kurt Warner)... he also was a big part of the offensive system that Big Ben had so much success with...

#35 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Well, for starters, he took his team to the Super Bowl shortly after embarrassing us. Now, let's compare that to say Shula, or Shurmur...

I would prefer Whis to Jackson, but like both miles better than either of the "S" candidates.

#36 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,967 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

At least bring in Whiz for a look see. Rivera needs an experienced word in hiz headset.

#37 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 41,533 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Well, for starters, he took his team to the Super Bowl shortly after embarrassing us. Now, let's compare that to say Shula, or Shurmur...

I would prefer Whis to Jackson, but like both miles better than either of the "S" candidates.

Not to disparage Whisenhunt, but in fairness that was against John "my cornerbacks are assigned to the left and right side no matter where the other team's best receiver lines up" Fox.

#38 Verge

Verge

Huddle Captain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

I for one, hope it is Pat Shurmur.

#39 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 41,533 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

I for one, hope it is Pat Shurmur.

I gotta ask why :unsure:

#40 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,954 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

I gotta ask why :unsure:

As do I.

Please, enlighten us.

#41 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

I think Jackson or Shula would do a good job. It is funny that people go back to 1999 to say Shula wasn't very good in Tampa so there should be issues. That was 13 years ago. I wonder if he has learned anything since then?? Seems to have done a pretty good job with Newton. Didn't Rivera say that much of Cam's development was credited to Shula's work with him. If Jackson takes the job and Shula leaves because he was not given the job we will be replacing him as well. Who knows if the next guy would be better than Shula. Might be another Rip Scherer who actually hurt Jake more than he helped him.

#42 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,549 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

I think Jackson or Shula would do a good job. It is funny that people go back to 1999 to say Shula wasn't very good in Tampa so there should be issues. That was 13 years ago. I wonder if he has learned anything since then?? Seems to have done a pretty good job with Newton. Didn't Rivera say that much of Cam's development was created to Shula's work with him. If Jackson takes the job and Shula leaves because he was not given the job we will be replacing him as well. Who knows if the next guy would be better than Shula. Might be another Rip Scherer who actually hurt Jake more than he helped him.

Shula already mentioned he'd be ok with staying on as QB coach. So, Jackson as OC and Shula QB coach. Win-win. Shurmur shouldn't even be in the discussion.

#43 Verge

Verge

Huddle Captain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

He is great with quarterbacks, that's his thing. We have personnel to adjust to what he wants to do, and I believe he would work wonders with Cam.

#44 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,823 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Posted this in another thread, but yea, it still applies.

It's time to take Cam's development to the next level now. Get an OC in there that will play a more balanced pro style offense where the whole team is involved. Instead of this bullshit college offense Chud's been running where Cam is supposed to be the entire offense.

Out of the known candidates we've interviewed Jackson is the best option. I don't believe in his third year with the team if he's(Shula*) ready for all of that, and there's no reason to hire Shurmur unless Pickles is starting next season.

*Edit, I was typing this up from my phone.

#45 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Not to disparage Whisenhunt, but in fairness that was against John "my cornerbacks are assigned to the left and right side no matter where the other team's best receiver lines up" Fox.

Fine, but he also beat a heavily favored Atlanta team and a heavily favored Eagles team before losing a close contest to the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

Again, compare that to our other candidates and tell me he shouldn't get a look if interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com