327 replies to this topic

#256 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Did it never occurred to you that he might actually be the best option out of a group of guys that don't have a winning season between them in the last five years?

So who said those were the only people we could have hired? The team could have hired anyone they wanted for HC through QC assistants.

This was equivalent to punting on 3rd down.

#257 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,884 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Hooray for the 'Cam and 10 other guys', offense. Maybe they wanted to keep things as status quo as possible, until RR gets fired next year...then turn the staff over.

#258 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,295 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

So who said those were the only people we could have hired? The team could have hired anyone they wanted for HC through QC assistants.

This was equivalent to punting on 3rd down.

very good way of putting it. it was the safe non risky thing to do. and we've seen all too often how that shakes out.

i can just see the excuses now when this offense looks pedestrian next year..."how is it rivera's fault? he can't call the plays for shula. it's not his fault shula was in over his head." or, just as likely, "it's not the coaches fault cam and the other players aren't putting up more than 20 points a game."

#259 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,761 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

it's more the guy calling the plays that's bothering me than the playbook.

are you the same man you were in the 90s?
I know I'm not. Most people continue to grow in intelligence with experience and wisdom.

It's obvious You and the rest , expect him to be retarded.
The fact that he has done so well with Cam seems to be lost on most people.

But get, don't let me or any of this stop you guys hating.

#260 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,134 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

I know I'm not. Most people continue to grow in intelligence with experience and wisdom.

Why are you acting like the last job Shula had was in the 90s when he tanked one of the top college football programs in the country and got fired a few years ago?

#261 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,545 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Everyone calm down. Here comes pantherclaw to save the day. I've been waiting all day for his posts of wisdom.

#262 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,708 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Why are you acting like the last job Shula had was in the 90s when he tanked one of the top college football programs in the country and got fired a few years ago?

Well to be fair, 2006 is a little more than a "few years ago", at this point.

#263 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,295 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

i don't expect him to be retarded. i just don't expect him to be good. based on the actual job he's done as a playcaller i see no reason to change that notion.

no one is doing a very good sales job for him. best two arguments for him is he and cam have a good working relationship and "you don't know he's going to suck like he did when he called plays before. he might have gotten better."

oh....and there's that whole don't rock the boat thing going on.

color me enthused.

#264 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,134 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Well to be fair, 2006 is a little more than a "few years ago", at this point.

It's recent enough that the "But it was sooooo looooong agoooooo" excuse doesn't work.

#265 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

I guess you could say he was the QB coach of a guy that was supposed to be a 2-3 year project and developed him into becoming the best rookie QB in the history of the game and the best first two seasons in NFL history.

That would qualify a lot of QB coaches to get a chance at OC.

Que the "derp... Chud did that not Shula... derp" as if anyone on here knows what goes on in the film room or on the practice field.

THANK YOU!!!

#266 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

TAKE IT IN THE POOPER FOR COOPER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

You guys love poo. You revel in it. Richardson bathes in your money. Through psls and now taxes and you hope for fuging dreams to come true. Meanwhile the rest of the nfl laughs at us wasting cam and our time.

I thank God that I live in Raleigh and not Charlotte anymore. I don't want a penny to go to JRs shitfest.

It really looks like we're going to have a lost decade. No playoff appearances, nothing. Cam will probably bail after we go 4-12 this year.

If you have PSLs: SELL THEM NOW. You'll be able to scrap tickets no problem next year, and the year after that, and the year after that...

#267 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,317 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Alabama was a mess before he got there, and he went 10-2 the year before he was fired.

#268 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

After this I would be shocked if the team makes the playoffs next year and Ron Rivera saves his job.

#269 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,295 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

After this I would be shocked if the team makes the playoffs next year and Ron Rivera saves his job.

i would be shocked by the playoffs. I'd be shocked by a winning season.

i wouldn't be shocked by an 8-8 season thanks to a late season surge after being eliminated from the playoffs early and rivera being kept on to build on their momentum and be more stable. in fact i expect that.

#270 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,452 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

My hope right now is that Person is wrong about Shula doing double duty (the Panthers.com article doesn't say that) because there are some good options out there.

John Ramsdell of the Chargers, Jeremy Bates of the Bears and Jim Zorn, most recently with the Chiefs, are all available if the Panthers backfill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com