75 replies to this topic

#61 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

fug Thiesman and the Redskins though.

Yeah unfortunately I didn't hear it :/.. but marc James is a prick himself he pisses me the f*ck off

#62 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Beat me to it.

Theismann is an idiot.

As bad as Brady Quinn i still find this ridiculous on theismann's part to this day... He's a dirtbag

http://www.nfl.com/t...ry/CLE/10167771

Earlier this week, Joe Theismann, another former Fighting Irish QB, blasted Quinn in a radio interview, saying the 22-year-old looked "unprofessional" when he was on stage after being drafted. Theismann had a problem with Quinn's tie, his "just showered" hair and was bothered by him chewing gum.

Quinn took it all in stride, but acknowledged the comments stung.

"It's tough," he said. "I apologize to anyone, obviously, who is a Notre Dame alum, or for those fans who thought I wasn't being very business like. I was there for awhile, and at that moment in time, when you finally get picked after waiting for 4 1/2 hours, the last thought in my head was spit out your gum, fix your hair or make sure your shirt and everything looked good.

"I was just trying to get on stage as fast as possible and get that Browns jersey in my hand."
Quinn said Theismann's remarks were the only negatives ones he heard.

"I'm a big fan of his," Quinn said. "I guess he's not a big fan of me. He's one of those guys -- Joe Theismann, Joe Montana -- they've been right there along the way, people who have kind of come back and helped out our program. And he has been one of those big influences, so I have a lot of respect for him.

"I think him making those comments only kind of makes you look at yourself in the mirror and say 'Well, hey, maybe you need to look at those sorts of things.' And obviously, there in case is the haircut."

#63 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Florio is a tool which is useful only in the sense he is pretty good at gathering information in a timely manner.
As toilet paper is useful at wiping your ass clean, but little else.
His opinions generally are what the TP is used for however.

little known fact....PFT actually means Pulled From Turds.

#64 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,292 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Theismann is complete douche, he's an idiot. Cam doesn't think it's "all about him" because if it were, he wouldn't be crying his fuging eyes out after games, the reason why he gets so emotional after games is BECAUSE HE LET HIS TEAMMATES DOWN. He's not jamarcus who doesn't give a poo about football at all, he's fuging passionate about football and winning.

#65 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,922 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

For the record, these statements about Newton aren't what make Theismann a dimwit. He long ago cemented his rep for being a moron.

As to the prime topic, I find myself wondering if the description of the GM hiring process as a "dog and pony show" might not have originated with Darin Gantt. He's expressed similar thoughts on previous occasions.

#66 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

For the record, these statements about Newton aren't what make Theismann a dimwit. He long ago cemented his rep for being a moron.

As to the prime topic, I find myself wondering if the description of the GM hiring process as a "dog and pony show" might not have originated with Darin Gantt. He's expressed similar thoughts on previous occasions.

That could be true but gantt had nothing but good things about gettleman himself

#67 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,922 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

That could be true but gantt had nothing but good things about gettleman himself

Maybe now, but not at first. He was pretty derisive of the first presser, calling him "Hurney2.0" and such.

#68 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

The only story about our GM search was that we hired a consultant, and interviewed a hand full of guys.. how is that a dog and pony show?

#69 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

or if they don't draft this years combine workout wonder

BUT WE COULD HAVE HAD POE!!!!

#70 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Maybe now, but not at first. He was pretty derisive of the first presser, calling him "Hurney2.0" and such.

As soon as they hired him gantt tweeted something about how personnel people and scouts alike usually work in cliques and dirty gossip about other scouts and personnel guys, he said no one ever had anything bad to say about gettleman

#71 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,922 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

The only story about our GM search was that we hired a consultant, and interviewed a hand full of guys.. how is that a dog and pony show?

I don't think it is. In fact, I'd say our GM search went pretty well. Accorsi deserves a lot of credit.

Doesn't really matter though. Until we start winning on a consistent basis, doubt and scorn will be the norm.

Think of the Jets, Raiders and Browns as examples. It's not like every single move they make is blatantly stupid, but given their current rep, it's no shock if every move they make is questioned.

Sad to say that, at least for the moment, that's us too :(

#72 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,746 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

I didn't take it as a slight on Gettleman, he made his State-of-the-Panthers Address in four words. Actually I find it a bit amusing. It will be hilarious when we start seeing the fruits of the organization's labor with Gettleman at the helm. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

Ol' Jerry must have stepped on a lot of toes the past couple of years.

#73 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,781 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

lol

#74 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

That is so true. It's hard to believe some of these players have gone from being well respected players on the field, to morons in front of a camera. It's amazing what a paycheck and an oversized ego can bring you.

I do feel for the Panthers because Cam is the face of the franchise and folks like Theismann seems to be reaching to all levels of immaturity to continue showing how far he is willing to go to selling the media created BS that Cam is exactly how THEY see him.

And maybe Joe could take a page out of the other Joe's, Montana, book and stop making a fool of himself by putting down these young QBs.

#75 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

I don't think it is. In fact, I'd say our GM search went pretty well. Accorsi deserves a lot of credit.

Doesn't really matter though. Until we start winning on a consistent basis, doubt and scorn will be the norm.

Think of the Jets, Raiders and Browns as examples. It's not like every single move they make is blatantly stupid, but given their current rep, it's no shock if every move they make is questioned.

Sad to say that, at least for the moment, that's us too :(

Give me a healthy o-line of the guys we already have with Newton and Smith, and Keuchly, C. Johnson, Hardy with some Rivera coached up guys on d... We'd beat all of those teams. We are a lot farther along than the media gives us credit.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us play the draft very aggressively if the brass finds the guys they want in scouting. We only have a few roles to fill, but some of them are major roles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.