• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#76 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

This year? Yeah not even close, it was easily 50-50.

Incorrect. Not even close.Honestly, I don't think you were there or maybe you sat around a bunch of them. The only time this season is has been 50-50 was the second half of the giants game.

#77 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,284 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Incorrect. Not even close.Honestly, I don't think you were there or maybe you sat around a bunch of them. The only time this season is has been 50-50 was the second half of the giants game.

My family has PSL's. To be honest though I do sit up in the second deck so it could have just been a lot of Denver fans in the upper deck.

#78 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,699 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

Then you must have noticed about 25% denver fans, 75% panthers fans

I was there and it seemed closer to 40% Bronco fans.

#79 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,699 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

I've been slowly trying to deal with the Cowboy fan infestation. My solution so far has been building man-sized mouse traps and putting either truck nuts or Larry the Cable Guy DVD box sets on them.

Truck nuts lololololol

#80 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,785 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

Cowboys fans are pretty much endemic to any region really. So are Steelers fans. It comes with the territory when you have 5 or 6 rings.

Truth is winning expands the fanbase. So if you want better support you'll have to attract fans the old fashioned way: by being a consistent contender for years, and those people will stay fans.

#81 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

If you win...they will come.

#82 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,950 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

This is a very subjective survey. First of all it only takes into account people that have Facebook. Which right away caters to fewer men, especially older men. Second it only takes into account people on Facebook that have declared allegiance to a football team. I know many many Panther fans on my friends list because we talk Panthers and go to games. However for whatever reason only 5 of my friends actually "like" the Panthers. It could be for any number of reasons but they are fans. Now if you are a Cowboy fan living in Charlotte or Burke County you are probably a little more obnoxious about your team and more likely to "like" them. It takes something extra to be an out of town fan.

There are a couple other factors. Facebook has only broken into the mainstream for the past 5 years or so. The Panthers have done a lot of losing and very little winning recently. Morale is low, interest is low. Those casual fans that wear the T Shirts to the Super Bowl party but can't name the Head Coach are "like"ing the 49ers and the Ravens because it's hip right now. The Panthers haven't been a big story since 2006 or Feb 2004 even.

I know and we all know there are plenty of good honest Panther fans out there. I really don't care about a Facebook survey. If we keep improving and playing well we will get plenty of those bandwagoners that latched onto teams like the Patriots and Cowboys and never fell off. Is that what you're really after?

#83 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

Incorrect. Carolina fans, myself included, have too much class to be associated with such bottom feeders.

We are the pinnacle of success and walking examples of how to represent yourself with class, dignity, and honor.

At least the fans have class, because the players don't go to them.

#84 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

I was there and it seemed closer to 40% Bronco fans.

Then you are not very observant either. Or, terribly bad at math.

Or, both of course.

#85 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

My family has PSL's. To be honest though I do sit up in the second deck so it could have just been a lot of Denver fans in the upper deck.

From the field I usually so a small check of the ratio of the colors in a section. Its never been above 25% at a game. Opposing fans just stick out more, makes them seem more in number.

#86 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,091 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

Let's see Facebook do this about 4 times during the course of a season and watch how the numbers fluctuate for each team. Team goes on a 4-game winning streak, numbers go up. Team loses 6 in a row, numbers go down. It's pretty simple, yet so many will let something like this piss them off and start ragging the fan base.

You all know the country is full of bandwagoners, just look at the top 5 teams on the list- all perennial winners with a winning history (within the last 15 years). Seriously, you want a real fan? Look no further than Buffalo- they're right up there on that list and easily one of the worst teams in the NFL.

#87 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

At least the fans have class, because the players don't go to them.

Spoken like a person who never attended university.

I got news for ya homeboy - college athletes, especially good athletes at successful schools get away with murder. The academic standards for athletes aren't the same for regular students. If they were held to the same standards most of them would be at junior colleges or places like App State and UNC-Pembroke.

#88 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,699 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

Then you are not very observant either. Or, terribly bad at math.

Or, both of course.

Silly me. Upper decks might have been closer to 60% Bronco fans, 15% empty blues, 5% people wearing Steeler jerseys, and 20% Panther fans.

#89 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

winning changes things.

Sure does, Which is why you haven't heard much from those inbred mistakes of nature at all. Fair weather as it gets.

But really this whole winning thing makes loyal fans. I could say the bills and Cleveland fans are emotional masochists then, because they are the most loyal fans I've seen and their clubs are the pinnacle of losing.

#90 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Browns fans put panther fans to shame in terms if loyalty and passion. However they lack the class we have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com