Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your effective Tax Rate, if you dare.

126 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Since it is tax season, I thought it'd be appropriate for everyone to be aware of how much we actually pay in federal income taxes. As huddle tinderbox posters, there is an expectation that you all be vetted. Remember that Mitt pays only 14%.

Sounds fun, right?

1) your filing status: single, married filing jointly or separately, Head of household, or widowed;

2) number of dependents you have;

3) divide your total tax (line 61 from form 1040) by your total income (line 22).

Unapologetically, here's mine:

1) MFJ

2) 2 dependents

3) 5.14%

Posted · Report post

Mines complex because I have a salary and my company pays me dividends so i have 2 tax returns. And in 2011 I had a large IRA cash out (no penalties because of the structure).

But my personal return says 20.07% in 2011. 2012 will not be done for a while.

Posted · Report post

47%er here.

1) MFJ

2) 4

3) didn't qualify for EIC but child tax credit gave me like -1%

Posted · Report post

1)MFJ

2)1

3) 8.9%

Had never looked at it before so was not sure what to expect. We used to have a business that would normally have reduced that greatly. I miss those days

Posted · Report post

Haven't completed my 2012 return yet, because I probably owe a few hundred and I like to make the government wait for it. :)

But I imagine it will be similar to my 2011 return.

Married filing jointly

One child

11.8% effective tax rate.

Posted · Report post

I don't have it in front of me but it worked out like....

S

8%ish

Posted · Report post

Guys,

Just for further giggles post your social security number and you mothers maiden name! *

*ninjas keep secrets I;|

Posted · Report post

295-29-8765

Debumbwitz

Posted · Report post

1) S

2) 0

3) 16.9%

And Mitt pays 14% after it has already been taxed. Just like we pay additional taxes after we die, when we buy product off the shelf, as a service, etc. If people knew what we actually paid in taxes, there would be outright riots in the streets. It is one of the main reasons I am for the Fair Tax.

Posted · Report post

no one pays taxes after they die. maybe the parasitic children of rich people are responsible for the taxes on their multimillion dollar inheritances, but that's not what you said. now, stop posting fox news memes.

Posted · Report post

1) S

2) 0

3) 16.9%

And Mitt pays 14% after it has already been taxed. Just like we pay additional taxes after we die, when we buy product off the shelf, as a service, etc. If people knew what we actually paid in taxes, there would be outright riots in the streets. It is one of the main reasons I am for the Fair Tax.

Dividends havent already been taxed... It isnt a loan.

Posted · Report post

no one pays taxes after they die. maybe the parasitic children of rich people are responsible for the taxes on their multimillion dollar inheritances, but that's not what you said. now, stop posting fox news memes.

http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Estate-Tax

Yet another reason no one pays attention to what you have to say. I noticed you didn't have the balls to post your info. Good job there