Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Touchdown Scorer's(case for going WR early in draft).

267 posts in this topic

Posted

again most of us here are saying draft BPA, but if that is a WR he will surely be taken at 14. this team needs to bring more weapons in and Gettleman has made this known.sorry if you do not want to accept this.

Posted

From everything I have read/heard about Patterson is that he is one of the most coachable players in this draft. Incredibly hard working, smart, gifted athlete. The dude is an absolute freak. I'm sorry I would take him at 14 in a heartbeat. I would be fine with waiting a year or two for him to get to that level. But on the otherhand, if a top OT is on the boards, you snag him. There will be more wide recievers to draft in the second who can still make a big impact.

agreed and i wouldn't limit it to OT. I'd throw DT, OG, FS, & CB in there as well. i would take those other positions only if they could hit the ground running, but I'd have no problem having a double standard with patterson in understanding that it might take a little longer, but that's because of his ceiling being so high. he's a swing for the fences type pick.

Posted

again most of us here are saying draft BPA, but if that is a WR he will surely be taken at 14. this team needs to bring more weapons in and Gettleman has made this known.sorry if you do not want to accept this.

yep.

Posted

Had more than 300 attempts.

Not 1st overall, had more than 300 attempts.

Had more than 300 attempts.

Plus all of them started or played more than a years worth of games.

Try again bud.

(Though you are still missing the entirety of my point of just because it hasn't happened before doesn't mean it won't happen and that talent, potential and athleticism sometimes trump a resume of what you did in college.)

How about you try and put up some WR? I did what you ask and you have yet to even try. Play the game fair or don't play at all.

Plus to the point you're trying to make thru the history of the league more teams have been willing to reach and take a gamble on QB's. Not to much on Wr (which is why you can't come up with a WR example). Cam, Tanniehill last year and some team will reach this year in a weak QB draft.

Posted

BOB HAYES is interesting.......

they say he played halfback in highschool....went to florida A&M but I cant find any stats of him playing college football.........

seems like he went straight from the olympics to the nfl as a wide reciever.

Posted

How about you try and put up some WR? I did what you ask and you have yet to even try. Play the game fair or don't play at all.

Plus to the point you're trying to make thru the history of the league more teams have been willing to reach and take a gamble on QB's. Not to much on Wr (which is why you can't come up with a WR example). Cam, Tanniehill last year and some team will reach this year in a weak QB draft.

You DIDN'T do what I asked, I asked for QB, with under 300 passing attempts, starting for only one year coming from a gimmicky offense being drafted 1st overall.

You can't come up with one because, besides Cam, there isn't one.

It'd be different if only the huddle we're saying Patterson is a top 15 pick but actual draftniks and scouts are saying this kid is a physical freak,

Some players get drafted on potential alone, it's not that hard to understand.

Posted

okay i see.

he played three years at florida A&M as wr.

Posted

most guys i saw only played 2 years like randy moss and came out......really cant find no guys who did it with one year.

Posted

There isn't any, no one's even saying there has been any.

But no one beisides koolkatluke thinks it's never going to happen.

Posted

I actually hope koolkatwhateverthefug is right patterson drops to the second we grab him and a top dt or olineman i will cream everywhere

Posted

I agree. I would love to have patterson--Marty abused the team by his inability to find talent at WR and DT and CB for that matter. We just cannot fix everything at once. Patterson would be nice, but if we ignore the right side of the line, we could have Jimmy C throwing to him.

I like Patton and Hunter in the second.

Posted

Personally, I want two playmaking starters with our first two picks. As long as they aren't a QB, RB, or LB I could give a rats azz what position they play. We have 7 on Offense, so I would prefer Defensive help. But as long as they are playmakers when they hit the field, position doesn't matter.

We scored 28 points or more in 4 of our last 6 games. If that trend continues, we will be able to go as far as our D will take us. Which is why I would prefer to add plamakers to this side of the ball. DB or DT, or both, that can hit the field running would mean a ton. We were above average last year. Throw in a couple more playmakers and we should be top 10.

We are close already. Adding two playmakers with our first two picks really can be the difference between making or not making the playoffs. Toss in a couple value FA at RG and TE and we are competitive with anyone.

WR is a need, just not a vital one. Using the 14th pick on an unknown quantity is a risk we cannot afford to take. Or maybe we can? Who knows what will transpire between now and the draft. Maybe we can afford to take Patterson. Use him for returns and mix in a few packages while we let him grow.

Under a perfect storm could we go WR. But hellz, why not?