Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If The Dolphins Grab Mike Wallace...

56 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If Lane Johnson is at 14 though i'll gladly take him too and WR in the second.

Kenny Vaccaro is also an option at 14, we were gonna take Mark Barron at 9 last year, and saftey is a HUGE need, so don't be surprised if he's the pick.

Safety is a huge need? I wouldn't mind starting DJ Campbell at the beginning of the season... If anything I think we just need depth at the safety positions

Posted · Report post

I do think S is a big need. I'm not sure the talent is there for us to draft one high this year. I'm warming to the idea of Vaccaro in the first but I'm still not convinced he's a good enough S to warrant a top 16 pick, when Safeties rarely go that high.

Posted · Report post

Even Julio Jones didn't come in and make an immediate impact albeit he had some injuries now he is probably the best young WR in the game. Problem is we need immediate impact help, like Kuechly this year. Cam the year before.

I'm opposed going WR in the first round, Id have to say right now I'm on the Dee Milliner train if we stay at 14

Posted · Report post

It baffles me how people say o we can pick up a WR in the second or trade back get a 3rd round pick and use it to take a WR.

We are one Steve Smith injury/retirement away from being the worse offense in the league. We are suppose to depend on Lafell and AE? Keep thinking WR isn't a big need. The reason why the o line looked so bad is because the wrs can't get separation.

Sure Cam forced some throws but go back and watch and it was because nobody was open and he tried to make a play. Too many times Cam looks down the field and nobody is open because smitty has 3 people on him and Lafell can't beat single coverage.

Posted · Report post

If Lane Johnson is at 14 though i'll gladly take him too and WR in the second.

Kenny Vaccaro is also an option at 14, we were gonna take Mark Barron at 9 last year, and saftey is a HUGE need, so don't be surprised if he's the pick.

I've been feeling for a while that our first couple picks would be some order of WR and FS. at the very least we'll probably wind up with one of those two in the first couple rounds.

Posted · Report post

very much in agreement. its not a luxury pick at all.

It baffles me how people say o we can pick up a WR in the second or trade back get a 3rd round pick and use it to take a WR.

We are one Steve Smith injury/retirement away from being the worse offense in the league. We are suppose to depend on Lafell and AE? Keep thinking WR isn't a big need. The reason why the o line looked so bad is because the wrs can't get separation.

Sure Cam forced some throws but go back and watch and it was because nobody was open and he tried to make a play. Too many times Cam looks down the field and nobody is open because smitty has 3 people on him and Lafell can't beat single coverage.

Posted · Report post

I do think S is a big need. I'm not sure the talent is there for us to draft one high this year. I'm warming to the idea of Vaccaro in the first but I'm still not convinced he's a good enough S to warrant a top 16 pick, when Safeties rarely go that high.

Vaccaro has a lot of buzz aroun him, some are saying top 5 (Doubt it) so the top 15 is a high spot for him, he is good, fast, intelligent saftey and would be a great playmaker for our secondary. In all honesty I like him more than I ever liked Barron.

Even Julio Jones didn't come in and make an immediate impact albeit he had some injuries now he is probably the best young WR in the game. Problem is we need immediate impact help, like Kuechly this year. Cam the year before.

I'm opposed going WR in the first round, Id have to say right now I'm on the Dee Milliner train if we stay at 14

Uh, who said Julio wasn't a huge impact for the team his rookie season? He WAS a paly maker the first foot he set on the field.

Posted · Report post

I don't get it

We need immediate impact, but you're against WR 1st round

To me all of the oline probably will be gone by the time we pick, which is why I made this thread

Posted · Report post

I don't get it

We need immediate impact, but you're against WR 1st round

To me all of the oline probably will be gone by the time we pick, which is why I made this thread

What don't you get? The fact that the chance of a rookie WR making a significant impact is slim to none?

Posted · Report post

It's a popular opinion (one that I share) that there's not much separating the top 7 or so WRs. So that's why many of us are all for getting a WR in the 2nd but not as ecstatic about one in the first. They all seem like late first/early second round picks and one or two of them are bound to be available when we pick in the 2nd. We can spend a 2nd and get a guy not much (if any) worse than who we coulda got in the 1st. Whatever happens to Smitty, whether we get Allen or Patterson in the 1st or wait til the 2nd to get a guy like Hunter, Hopkins, Rogers, Patton or Woods we'll be in the same situation.

Posted · Report post

And even if Smitty got injured or retired we'd be far from the worst offense in the league. As long as we have Cam we're just about guaranteed to be above the bottom 11. He still has Olsen to throw too, as well as the other middle of the road WRs, plus at least Stewart and Tolbert to run screens and dump offs to.

Posted · Report post

What don't you get? The fact that the chance of a rookie WR making a significant impact is slim to none?

Ah yes the ol "rookie WRs never make an impact." myth despite the fact that this myth has been busted several times the past few days,

My favorite.