Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ideally which position do you want filled in the 1st round?

Draft question   105 votes

1. 1. Perfect world; Position you'd address in round round 1

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

64 posts in this topic

Posted

Ideally I want Eric Fisher, but since there's a better chance Hell would freeze over, I went with Chance Warmack.

1. Chance Warmack OG (Could go very high or be available.)

2. Sharrif Floyd DT (Probably will rise to be a top 10 or even top 5 pick, likely won't be availaible.)

3. Cordarrelle Patterson WR (Might still be on the board, but possibly gone by #14)

4. Lane Johnson OT (Like his potential, might go to the Chargers at #11)

5. Kenny Vaccaro FS (Not high on taking a FS this high, but if everyone else is gone he's bpa in my opinion)

Posted

DT (Star, Richardson, Floyd) or WR (Patterson, Allen)

Posted

Polls like this are stupid even for the off-season because the assumptions are unrealistic. Exactly how can we assume that a draft pick who has never played a down in the NFL will be rated as a perennial all pro. And exactly when do we pick players in the draft just based on talent without considering factors like differences in cost to pick up in free agency. For example if it comes down to WR or OT, you go with OT because cheap OTs especially left tackles are hard to find and expensive. This year by contrast there will likely be a number of WRs who will be cheaper to sign and proven. Then there is the whole issue of which positions are easiest to star right away versus those guys who need time to mature. For example, how many WRs contribute significantly in their rookie year versus those who need a year to mature like Michael Crabtree or Dez Bryant versus a Julio Jones. Then there is the whole bust rate which varies greatly by position. For example, OT busts at a lower rate than WR or DT/DE for example.

Given all these factors you would go OT and corner before you go WR.

Posted

I don't care.

Want the BPA.

Posted

I don't care.

Want the BPA.

Posted

Sorry PantherClaw, had to do it.

I don't care.

Want the BPA.

Posted

In the first, defensive Backfield BPA or Defensive interior front BPA. I'm leaning more towards DT though.

Posted

OT. is the position if the right player is available at our pick. We had a top 10 defense with journeyman DT's. We have had a top 10 Offense with arguably worse WR's. However when we struggle it's up front as a team it's when our OL plays bad.

Posted

People keep talking about WR's only reaching Moose' level. He had over 11,000 career receiving yards. For as badass as Smitty is he only just recently broke Moose yards total, and I'm not sure if he has even broken his TD total yet. He had a season for us that was nearly as good as Smitty's triple crown season by putting up 1400+ yards and 16td. Those are out of this world, all pro numbers folks. All pro means best in the league. So when talking about WR ceilings, please don't throw Moose name around like he's mediocre. I will take a young Muhammed every day of the week and, ironically, twice on Sundays.

Posted

Oline/CB/FS

These positions tranfer from College to the NFL best, WR and DT usually take a season or two to adjust to the NFL, heck DT are a coin flip from even being on the team 3 years after being drafted.

Posted

OL or playmaker in secondary, don't care which position but Captain can't be our best playmaker in the secondary.

Posted

OT and address WR/DT/other needs in later rounds/FA. CB in 2nd.