Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USA Hockey...

39 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

CBS Sports Released There Projected Roster Today...

Coaches

Dan Bylsma

David Polie

Offense

Line One: Zach Parise - Ryan Kesler - Patrick Kane

Line Two: Max Pacioretty - Joe Pavelski - Phil Kessel

Line Three: James van Riemsdyk - David Backes - Bobby Ryan

Line Four: Ryan Callahan - Paul Stastny - Dustin Brown

Extras: Jason Pominville, Derek Stepan

In The Hunt: Alex Galchenyuk, Blake Wheeler, Brandon Dubinsky, and T.J. Oshie

The Lock: Zach Parise, Patrick Kane, Phil Kessel, Bobby Ryan, Joe Pavelski, David Backes, Ryan Kesler, and Dustin Brown

The Likelies: Ryan Callahan, Max Pacioretty, and Paul Stastny

The Bubble: James van Riemsdyk, Jason Pominville, Derek Stepan, Alex Galchenyuk, Blake Wheeler, Brandon Dubinsky, and T.J. Oshie

Defense

Line One: Ryan Suter - Jack Johnson

Line Two: Ryan McDonagh - Kevin Shattenkirk

Line Three: Brooks Orpik - Paul Martin

Extras: Keith Yandle - Dustin Byfuglien

In The Hunt: Justin Faulk, Erik Johnson, John Carlson, Matt Carle, and Zach Bogosian

The Locks: Ryan Suter, Ryan McDonagh, and Jack Johnson

The Likelies: Kevin Shattenkirk and Paul Martin

The Bubble: Brooks Orpik, Keith Yandle, Dustin Byfuglien, Justin Faulk, Erik Johnson, John Carlson, Matt Carle, and Zach Bogosian

Goalies

Starer: Jonathan Quick

Back-Up: Jimmy Howard

Extra: Corey Schneider

In The Hunt: Ryan Miller, Craig Anderson, and Tim Thomas

The Lock: Jonathan Quick

The Likelie: Jimmy Howard

The Bubble: Corey Schneider, Ryan Miller, Craig Anderson, and Tim Thomas

Posted · Report post

So they can have 25 players?

Yandle should be on the top defensive line. He leads all american defensemen in points in the last 3-4 years. A guy like that shouldn't just be an extra. Byfuglien is right behind him and is also physical. And no mention of Goligoski? He has pretty good point numbers as well. Orpik's numbers aren't that good either. McDonagh's isn't as good as others and shouldn't be a "lock". Martin would probably be my 8th defenseman choice, but I can see why he is in the top 6.

JVR's stats are pretty pathetic. Wheeler should definately get in over him . Legwand and Stafford should get a mention.

If they can carry a 3rd goalie, Schneider should definately not be it.

Posted · Report post

You have to understand that tournament experience is the most important thing to look for, not NHL production. Guys like Jack Johnson and JVR get the nod over players because they have a lot of experience playing for Team USA.  

It makes sense in that you want players that have been there before and aren't going to be intimidated when Canada rolls up with a top six of probably Crosby, Nash, Stamkos, Toews, Staal, and Perry.  

Posted · Report post

Almost all the guys have played for USA

Posted · Report post

I'm not a fan of Paul Martin's...

I think it would be cool if they had Justin Faulk as an extra... maybe something like this...

Ryan Suter - Jack Johnson
Ryan McDonagh - Kevin Shattenkirk
Brooks Orpik - Keith Yandle
Justin Faulk - Matt Carle

I think it would be wise to mix in some young guys with some older guys.

Posted · Report post

I just looked it up and they are allowed to carry 25 players. NHL teams can only carry 23. Both however can only dress 20. So I need to add 2 more guys to my list.

Posted · Report post

Just realized that R.J. Umberger can play both Center and Wing. I think his versatility gets him over Stafford. Both had same points last season, which was a low 18, but both were really good before last season. However, Umberger's stats look most impressive.

Also, I looked at the 2010 team on wiki and they had 3 goalies so I am going to add Quick and remove Legwand. I think Umberger's versatility is important even though Legwand has better stats as a center than Umberger recently.

Posted · Report post

Two men representing the greatest generation of American-born hockey players, a legendary collegiate coach, a female player who set the bar on an international level, and the architect responsible for giving hockey a hub in North Carolina are this year's inductees into the United States Hockey Hall of Fame.

The honorees, announced Thursday by USA Hockey, are former NHL forwards Bill Guerin and Doug Weight, former Michigan State University men's coach Ron Mason, women's international record-holder Cindy Curley, and Carolina Hurricanes owner Peter Karmanos Jr.

The 41st U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame induction dinner and ceremony will be held at a location and date to be announced in the near future.

The NHL's Lester Patrick Trophy, awarded annually for outstanding service to hockey in the United States, also will be presented during the induction ceremony.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=678848&cmpid=nhl-fb

Posted · Report post

Shaaawingggg

1240093_632206290143675_1084416086_n.jpg

Posted · Report post

Nike, ruining jerseys, one sport at a time. 

Posted · Report post

I actually really like those jersey's, the stars on the shoulders are a nice touch.

I know people tend to like "plain jane" jersey's, but with people becoming more talented in graphic design and with technology continuing to evolve; I see more modern jersey's being incorporate into the big four (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB).

People will just have to adapt to that concept.

Posted · Report post

I like everything except the shield on the new jerseys. The shield looks horrible.