Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We are going to get raped once Cam's contract comes up...

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Let it RAPE us then!

Posted

QB is the most important position on the field.

If Cam performs at a Top 5 level he desertves to be paid as one.

As a Panther fan however I would hope by the time his contract comes up we aren't in bottom of the league rebuilding mode as we have been now for years.

Posted

after year 3, offer Cam 10 years at around $170M

Posted

Cam could be the first player to top $200 million in a deal, depending on how things fall. If we sign him to, say, a 10-year deal for the long haul it could easily wind up having a total value of over $200 million.

Posted

There is a balance.. He is going to end up in the 18-20 mill per year. Team got off easy on the rookie contract ( thank you collective bargaining agreement), just pay the man. If done correctly with a large enough signing bonus it doesn't cripple our salary cap. Also considering a lot of our big name expensive contracts will be coming off the books it should be coming across at the perfect time. Plus Cam is worth far more to the franchise counting exposure, merchandising, etc... JR wins regardless.

Posted

Cam could be the first player to top $200 million in a deal, depending on how things fall. If we sign him to, say, a 10-year deal for the long haul it could easily wind up having a total value of over $200 million.

I doubt it. No way Cams agent lets him sign a 10 year deal. Why not? Because who knows how the QB salaries are going to go up. You sign a 5 or 6 year deal and come out on the other end at 29 years old and sign another huge contract at the top of whatever QB's are making in 2019 or 20.

Posted

We better hope and pray that the team actually starts doing something about the whole sucking problem because if we don't chances are he's not resigning period.

Posted

I think Cam resigning here should go fairly smoothly. Although we haven't had much success just yet I think it's obvious to us and to Cam that the Panthers are trying to do everything they can to give Cam what he needs to succeed. I think a player like him appreciates that. Additionally I think Cam see's his legacy with Carolina. I think he's got a pride and vision for himself and that includes being Carolina's first premier QB to lead them to the promise land and win.

Plus Cam pimps the hell out of Carolina colors and he knows it.

Posted

He's going to Dallas or the Jets.

Calling it now.

Posted

He's going to Dallas or the Jets.

Calling it now.

Dallas

Posted

Can you imagine the cap hit implication of that, since you can only spread signing bonus over 5 years.