Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Leaked NFL Documents: While Owner Cried Hardship, Carolina Panthers Had $112 Million Profit Over Two Years

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#121 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

Y'all should prolly read this:

http://www.reddit.co...ardship/c8rq8ny

I was getting ready to post something that was about third grade level in comparison, trying to say the same thing, this saved me the trouble.

#122 Jim Harbaugh

Jim Harbaugh

__Ready To Win__

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

Richardson the hero?

Let's see, the Packers didn't purge their rosters and put shyt on the field in a F U move to the fans.

Nor did they cut employee salaries.

But they did compete and win the Super Bowl.

The Packers have not imposed pay cuts or furloughs since the lockout began nearly three months ago, but team President & CEO Mark Murphy on Friday revealed that he "hasn’t ruled out that possibility if the labor dispute drags on," according to Mike Vandermause of the GREEN BAY PRESS-GAZETTE. The Packers could "withhold pay from selected employees," including Murphy, GM Ted Thompson, coach Mike McCarthy, assistant coaches and "other high-level directors." Murphy said, "It's based on when we're going to start missing revenue." He added that the lockout "has had only a small financial impact on the Packers, primarily involving sponsorships."

it really depends what is more important to you.

Your wallet.
Or winning and the fans who paid the PSls necessary for you to have the privilege of NFL ownership.

#123 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,947 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

We need a new owner. JR brings the bad luck

#124 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,511 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

If you have a problem with the Jerry making a modest profit in a high risk business then asking for public money, then you should probably have a problem with all the services the government provides you at your modest salary. When the government offers us a tax break for medical expenses or what have you, we take it. If they don't give it to us then we hire HR Block or a Lawyer and fight for it. Why should Jerry back down because the numbers are inflated?

Owning an NFL team is high risk.

Not one team failed to turn a profit in the last decade.

Go ahead and rectify those two statements.
High risk?

#125 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

High risk?

Jerry Richardson has done very well with the Panthers. He has made a ton of money and done well for himself but that is a credit to a sound business plan. George Shinn on the other hand was sloppy and got run out of town. Bob Johnson got run out of town. Jerry could have been run out of town too had he not lead the franchise the right way.

#126 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,511 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

How to run a profitable NFL franchise:

Step 1: Open envelope
Step 2: Remove revenue sharing check
Step 3: Deposit

#127 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,263 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

How to run a profitable NFL franchise:

Step 1: Open envelope
Step 2: Remove revenue sharing check
Step 3: Deposit

A prime example of why you are NOT a successfule business person. You have no clue what you are even rambling on about.

Hilarious when people who don't even have the business acumen to run a lemonade stand in their driveway start critiquing the strategy and business plans of VERY successful business owners.

#128 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,483 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:14 AM

Madhatter, you run your own succesful business?

#129 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,958 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

I'm too busy LOLing at all the butthurt Skins fans posting in Gantt's PFT article.

LOL, I'm doing my best to troll them.

#130 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,641 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

I'm going to need 150 likes for this post. I know I have 700 likes of my own, but I'd hate it if I moved my services to cat scratch reader. I barely get rep at all anymore.

#131 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,450 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

LOL, I'm doing my best to troll them.

Me to. Those guys are so pissed that we curb stomped Griffin and that Cam is now 2-0 against them.

#132 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,511 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

A prime example of why you are NOT a successfule business person. You have no clue what you are even rambling on about.

Hilarious when people who don't even have the business acumen to run a lemonade stand in their driveway start critiquing the strategy and business plans of VERY successful business owners.

I'll just reference the same facts you felt the Huddle was incapable of handling just a handful of pages earlier.

And as far as being a "successfule business person", I'll quote one of the greater poets of our generation: "A real gangsta ass ***** don't flex nuts, cause a real gangsta ass ***** knows he got em."

#133 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,450 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

I love me some Scarface

#134 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,897 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

High risk?

Those two statements rectify just fine. The more risk the higher the return. I'm in a stock called NLY which gives me a dividend of between 12-15% a year and has done so consistently. If it were low risk I would not get anything close to that. Just because it has been consistent doesn't mean the bottom isn't going to fall out one day.

The risk for the NFL is that the next CBA falls through or one day TV deals go away. The NFL is doing well but other professional sports are struggling and taking on more and more debt to operate:

#135 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,897 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

Madhatter, you run your own succesful business?

I do and I wouldn't do it if there weren't the potential for big consistent returns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.