Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gil Brandt now says...

86 posts in this topic

Posted

Without FA even starting it's kind of stupid to do mock drafts, but they're fun and Gil is one of the more knowledgable guys in the business, so I thought it was interesting that he changed his earlier pick for the Panthers from, I believe, a DT to Keenan Allen.

I don't have a problem with it, there are only a couple guys I don't want at that spot and he's not one of them.

In this mock he has us passing up on S Vaccaro, WR Patterson and DT Richardson in favor of Allen.

The other 3 guys on the panel have us taking DT - Richardson x 2 and Star x 1.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts

Posted

Not really a big fan of Allen. Think he would be a bad pick at 14

Posted

Not really a big fan of Allen. Think he would be a bad pick at 14

agree. i dont want a wr

Posted

Allen reminds me of Keenan McCardell.

Posted

I would love him, trufant, or lane Johnson (unless star or Floyd fell, which I doubt)

Posted

Big fan of Trufant, I think he will be the second corner taken.

Posted

As long as he's healthy, I would love Allen at 14. Some are down on him because he's been injured but he's a playmaker.

Posted

NFL.com has his comparison as Jordy Nelson, says he could be a 1.

I'm not opposed to WR at 14 at all, we really have to give Cam another weapon and prepare for the loss of Smith. Allen seems like a good guy to do it. I like his measurables, his stats and his tape.

Posted

Interesting to note too that he'll do a workout in Greensboro at Proehl's facility. He has no 40 on record yet.

Posted

the most complete WR in the draft, i have been on the Allen train since october.

Posted

I haven't looked very deeply at any WR's, but I do like what I have seen and think we have a great shot to supplement and then replace Smith with this class.

I wouldn't mind drafting more than 1 WR, even if one was Denard Robinson in the 4th or later.

Posted

I'd rather go WR at 14 than guard. Allen would instantly step in and be our #2 and would be groomed to take over for Smitty in a year or two.